BoostedSpd6's 2011 Lexus IS-F Thread

so so so shexy. ridiculously complicated electronic systems these days... wow thats a pretty penny.
ill be able to afford it, uh... when i win lottery or save up for 10+ years. LOL.

i hope you have good job security :D
you'll enjoy that car so much, i know i did when i got to drive one!

Go Widebody son!!!!

lexus.jpg

You got deep pockets son!

When is 4.8 to 60 slow?

Nice choice Boosted. Can't wait to see what you do to this thing. Isnt this an 8 speed?

Holy **** I'm jealous. I love the IS-F so much, post pics when you get it.

will do.. im going to call Kevin at the dealership tomorrow and make sure everything is on track.

You got deep pockets son!

When is 4.8 to 60 slow?

Nice choice Boosted. Can't wait to see what you do to this thing. Isnt this an 8 speed?

yeah it is i listed that somewhere in the post.. its the worlds First 8 speed Direct Shift Tranny. lets hope for No bugs.

I drove one about a year ago and didn't care for it, mainly because it seemed to hunt for gears. Love the interior though, the white leather is HOT. One hell of a sexy exhaust note too.

I drove one about a year ago and didn't care for it, mainly because it seemed to hunt for gears. Love the interior though, the white leather is HOT. One hell of a sexy exhaust note too.

Yeah i read about that and im hoping thats its different with the new tranny they are coming out with, as for the Interior it is ******* HOT but hopefully not literally HOT when you sit on the seats.

NICE! Mazda needs to step up to the plate and produce a new MS6 or something similar to keep you hardcore guys from jumping ship!

Despite all the hype surrounding "ECO" this & "HYBRID" that...Quite a few people out there still want a real enthusiast car (THANKFULLY!).

NICE! Mazda needs to step up to the plate and produce a new MS6 or something similar to keep you hardcore guys from jumping ship!

Despite all the hype surrounding "ECO" this & "HYBRID" that...Quite a few people out there still want a real enthusiast car (THANKFULLY!).

Yup, it's down to the MS3 holding down the performance fort for Mazda. Thats it. The MX-5 is a nimbe fun car, but I'm sorry it needs more power. The RX-8 still looks stunning and there is hardly a better stock handler out there. Shame it gets spanked in all comparos (except for handling focused ones) due to it being low on power & guzzling gas.

I'm looking at a pontiac G8 (or even G8 GT if I can swing it) for my next car. The new 6 doesn't appeal to me like the MS6 did.

Sweet car. You probably wont miss the speed6 after driving the isF around. Im curious to know about how it drives with the updated trans. Enjoy and take lot of pics!!

M3>ISf

i dunno, that car is nice but after hearing jermey clarksons reveiw (complaing about how it will drop to 5-4-3 as you accelerate. sounds pretty annoying..

and I just love M3's so that may be part of it.

why IsF>M3??

You won't touch a new M3 for $51k though. Not to mention you add in the ZCP package and you're looking at $65k+ for a coupe. I think it's a good purchase, especially considering what you're stepping up from.

I don't remember if the one I drove had paddle shifters. It was a dealer demo, black with white interior, and had an $1800 custom radar detector/jammer setup built into the IP on it. I do remember it had about 6000 miles on it and they wanted more than Boosted paid for his new.

ok so update from the dealer today, car should be arriving on Monday October 4th to the dealership. I told Kevin that i will be there when it comes off the truck. and all interior plastic will remain on the car until i get home, unless its hard for me to drive it then ill remove it.. No holes will be drilled into the front bumper of the car, i could give a rat's ass about RI laws against that. hell i might even keep some of the white plastic on it until i get home, they do have to install some things before i get to leave that day. Im super Excited.. then its time to start modding it!! :)

Last edited:
Back