Best Signature to get

Hey guys, new to the forum here and looking to get a used Signature (2016-2018).
Wondering if there is a particular year that people recommend based on features from one year to the next. I know Apple car play was added in 2019 but I understand that it can be added after the fact and a 2019 is just over my price range.
Other than that, looking for your thoughts on if there is a particular year that’s best to get based on the added features from year to year. I.e. is it worth paying more for a 2018 vs 2017 based on the diff in features? Etc. I understand that it’s subjective and based on what I think is worth it but just looking for people’s opinions and thoughts. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would go 2018 over 2017 just for the improvement to the 2nd row sliding mechanism. It makes access to the 3rd row easier for when you need it.

The iactivesense features (radar cruise control, smart city brake, etc) have also been recalibrated in 2018 to be less sensitive and less prone to sudden braking for no reason ( false alerts).

for these 2 reasons i would pick a 2018 over a 2017. The other differences are all little accesories which you may want or not, but in my opinion are more nice to have than must haves ( heated steering wheel, heated windshield wipers, etc).

Thanks for your reply! I looked at a ‘17 today and it was a slight pain to slide the middle row forward. So if the ‘18 is easier, I’d definitely welcome that. As for the recalibration, I’d welcome that too. I’m driving a rental Malibu and the front distance sensor seems to go off at weird times so if those safety features were updated that would be great too. Appreciate the feedback, it’s very helpful!

You are welcome. I don’t think the seats slide easier, but i think they slide more towards the front allowing a larger opening towards the back. I haven’t tried a 2017 though so i don’t have first hand experience with it ( mine is a 2018).

Back