Best Price on Mazda Extended Warranty for CX-9 ?

Halifax

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Hello.

First post ... owner of a new 2017 CX-9 Signature, as of this week.

I am wondering if certain dealerships have better pricing than others on the Mazda Extended Warranty (aka. Extended Confidence Plan)? The dealership I purchased my car from apparently doesn't even sell the Mazda Extended Warranty, only third-party warranties (presumably because they make more money on those) which I am not interested in.

I'm also curious if Mazda USA will contact me directly at some point, offering to sell me the Extended Warranty?

Any insight would be helpful.

Mazda does not call them extended warranties, they are extended confidence coverage and I don't think you are required to buy them from the original dealer if they wont sell it you. The best time to get it is within 90 days of the purchase. Call around and ask

Yep. None of these are legally a warranty. They are a prepaid service contract (or plan). Think of them as peace-of-mind protection. If it helps you sleep better at night, buy it. Financially, they don't make sense. As you note, get only the contract from the manufacturer. Check on the internet for the best price from any dealership in the country.

Hello.

First post ... owner of a new 2017 CX-9 Signature, as of this week.

I am wondering if certain dealerships have better pricing than others on the Mazda Extended Warranty (aka. Extended Confidence Plan)? The dealership I purchased my car from apparently doesn't even sell the Mazda Extended Warranty, only third-party warranties (presumably because they make more money on those) which I am not interested in.

I'm also curious if Mazda USA will contact me directly at some point, offering to sell me the Extended Warranty?

Any insight would be helpful.

Halifax, if its any concern to you - I just deleted (cancelled) the USWC Policy on my 2017 Signature, when I traded-up for the new 2018 Signature. Mine cost about $3,197 and it covered everything imaginable for 90 months on major hardware/electronics and 60 months on everything else.

We initially bought it because we've never owned Mazda before and did not know what to expect. Plus, we wanted to keep the vehicle for a long time. We also have never owned an SUV platform before. Basically, we did not know if we could trust Mazda OEM. Having owned the vehicle for a while, it became quite clear how solidly built it was. I also spent time under the car getting familiar with its design, layout, components, materials, etc., as well as under the hood. I grew confident that we had a solid platform and when we decided to go for the 2018 Signature upgrades, we dropped the so-called "Extended Warranty" coverage - or - piece of mind coverage for a refund.

Changing fluids, keeping a good set of plugs and wires, using clean & efficient filters, changing belts and hoses when appropriate, using quality fuel and running MMO through the tank once or twice a year to keep the fuel system lubed, should be enough to keep it running smoothly for quite some time to come. I've switched to Amsoil in the engine and decided to leave the Rear Differential alone, as not even Amsoil has an equivalent replacement for it yet, though I suspect they will in the future. Outside of that, keeping good brakes and brake lines in operation with fresh tires, I don't see why she can't do 200k miles without too much of a cost curve on maintenance and repairs once outside of OEM warranty.

This is a solid vehicle that inspires confidence. They did a good job on this one overall. Enough to give me a reason to drop the peace of mind policy and use that cash for some other purpose.

Back