Best miata year to get?

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
okay, so now is probably a good time to ask. How do I get on this power list. I going to boost my car and can't decide on turbo or supercharger.

Thanks in Advance.

turbo!!

OneFASTmiata said:
Diane, when are you going FI?

Cheers
Jennifer aka Boosted

Heyyy Jenn!!

After Greg gets promoted he'll get a nice big fat bonus. It will be shortly after then. :D

I just can't make up my mind: turbo or supercharger. I've been told the M2 1.8s can't handle as much boost as the earlier 1.8s. Grrr....and there is the "supercharging is better for autocross" arguement...

Meh, look at ghetto fabulous.....George and ghetto fab miata have won SM2 in a VERY VERY competative region for 2 years running, and George and Ghetto Fab regularly get FTD ( fastest time of day) for the entire event...a small turbo spools just fine for autocross. :)

Let me know if you need any help.

Jenn

Dan Pedroza has run SM2 at the Nationals for the past couple of years. Same car, but one year he ran a quick-spooling turbo and the next he ran a relatively low-boost twin screw SC setup. He much prefers the latter. He came in 3rd with the turbo and 4th (in a much more competitive field) with the super.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
Dan Pedroza has run SM2 at the Nationals for the past couple of years. Same car, but one year he ran a quick-spooling turbo and the next he ran a relatively low-boost twin screw SC setup. He much prefers the latter. He came in 3rd with the turbo and 4th (in a much more competitive field) with the super.

Keith

(lol) Oh yah, Dan. I know him from Austin's miata club. Many a fight we have had. :flip:
I was thinking about buying his turbo setup when he sold it for my previous '99.

But I think I have settled on supercharging the 10AE. My husband wants to build a turbo '94 or '95 my-ata.

As soon as we get this crazy move done (transfer for his job) we can begin looking for his miata. (thumb)

Jenn, if we do move to West Virginia I will definatley be coming back to Lou when it comes time for the install. :)

Back