Best MBC ?

Wingman21

Hi... Im currently looking for an MBC and want some recommendations :) !!!
Whats the difference in conception between those MBC :

Hallman
TurboSmart
JoeP

And which one would you take !?

Thanks...

Joe P.!!!! lol

Seriously- they are all very similar in function as long as they are ball and spring. The wieght of the ball and spring will affect performance which is why mine uses a smaller ball in it. Mine also has the dual ball setup for overboost preotection. The hallman is just a nice piece of work though- he really did a good job with the new design, machined aluminum, laser etched, etc. Function is the same as his old one and similar to mine, the difference in price is all for the cosmetics of it. I am not familiar at all with the Turbosmart one though. Never even heard of them. I know Halman has been doing this the longest and I am not far behind him, so the time and experience is there with either of the two of us :).
Joe

Wingman21 said:

Hallman
TurboSmart
JoeP

Thanks...

i had the hallman pro rx and had very little boost spike in the msp. also noticed better spoolup from the turbo.

prospeed said:
i had the hallman pro rx and had very little boost spike in the msp. also noticed better spoolup from the turbo.
Yeah- that is the nice thing about the ball and spring controllers- faster spoolup :).
Joe

I also have the Hallman and I'm very happy with the unit. Just don't get with a bleeder type MBC but a ball and spring.

for sale

Wingman21 said:

Hallman
TurboSmart
JoeP

Thanks...
hEY i have a boostsciences mbc for sale 45.00 plus shipping pm if intersted

I had a JoeP also and it worked perfectly, I have upgraded to a EBC but thats just because I wanted to be able to change my boost inside of the car.

For the money you cant lose

Hallman by far... I use it on my 3000GT VR-4, I run 14psi no spikes, no leaks, to tight I blew my throttle adjustment screw out (boom01)

i hate my mbc because its a pita to adjust. i would rather have an ebc but they are hella expensive...how much was your turbo xs dual stage?

I dont think the ball is ceramic on the JoeP.

I never had any spiking problems but the MSP still has the same problem as it does stock which is pressure loss, I had my MBC set to 11 and it would settle down to 9 which was perfect for me ;)

mine works great also, just a pita to adjust...feels like im not making any progress then all the sudden im at 10psi.

What does having a bad o ring on your BISS have to do with the make of boost controller? (uhm) Even the hallman is not "leak free"- they have to "leak" otherwise, your wastegate would never close once the ball seats again.. That is one thing that I never understood about some people looking for boost leaks and thinking the MBC leaks. Hell, even EBC"s are bleeders and they leak more than a ball and spring MBC :).
Joe

TitanGray03.5 said:
Hallman by far... I use it on my 3000GT VR-4, I run 14psi no spikes, no leaks, to tight I blew my throttle adjustment screw out (boom01)

Back