Battery life for key fob...How long does yours last?

:
CX5
I purchased a new CX5 2/2019. Recently, I've been getting a message when I park that I have a low battery in my key fob...Is this normal for everyone else?

It seems a bit fast compared to my last car...I do sometimes leave my keys in my car overnight in the garage and I wonder if that is contributing to the drain..

Also does anyone know which battery the 2019 CX5 key takes?
Thank you

My wife's fob battery was just replaced at 21 months. It had a CR2025, which I replaced with a CR2032, per recommendations on this forum.

Leaving your fob in your vehicle overnight is not a good idea fore a couple reasons.

Purchased August 2019, just saw the low battery message today, not quite 10K miles. Put in a CR2025 since I had some.

Agreed. Those batteries are thicker the the recommended ones...does it fit right?
The 2032 fits in my 2019 fob works great. It is thicker, but fit easily without any effort.

Had a half-dozen extra on hand for my Crimson trace. It didn't use them as fast as I anticipated.

Just changed mine yesterday at 17 months.

Ermmm.... I have yet to replace my batteries.... in my 2016!?!? Wow... didn't even realize that until right now. How is that even possible?!?

Don't leave your fob too close to your vehicle.
I would recommend at least 30ft away and walls in between.
Some people leave their fobs in the garage or near garage, the fob might be in weak/constant contact with the sensors. That drains battery in the fob.

For me, about 2 yrs these button batteries last.

Ermmm.... I have yet to replace my batteries.... in my 2016!?!? Wow... didn't even realize that until right now. How is that even possible?!?
You may not have walk away locking which takes more communications with the fob...

aprox. 1 year. This is how long it lasted on mine and low battery msg appeared on the dash when turning off car.
I changed it and will see how long it would last this time. So far its 10+ months on the replacement Energizer battery and ok.

p.s walkaaway lock has been on since day 1.

About 16 months for my ‘19 Signature. I was surprised...had gone several years without changing on my ‘08 RDX.

12 months and now the low battery message appears randomly.
Just picked up 4 Engergizer CR2025 from Home Depot for $10.

19 months for me to get the warning, battery voltage left was 2.8, new CR2032 was 3.28.

I must be just forgetting that I replaced mine... there's no way they are 4 years old.

Ironically I just came across this today and got my first notice on the dash a couple days ago.. 18 months for my '19 sig.

Back