Baseline engine sensor values for 2.5L Skyactiv

AVC

:
'17 CX-5 Select
Hi--new to the forum since Jan. I have a '17 Grand Select that has a slight off-idle stumble and light-throttle surging on acceleration. I have an Autel scan tool to read live data, but don't have any "good" data to compare.

If anyone out there has a basic scan tool--a $20 Bluetooth OBD reader+ Torque would work great-- and could post the following from any normally aspirated 2013 ~ 2017 2.5L (without cylinder deactivation) , I'd much appreciate it:

CONDITIONS: fully warmed up, idling, in PARK, HVAC off, all accessories including entertainment off.

MAF, in g/s
MAP in psi or mmHg
Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel trim
RPM
Ignition timing

--Cheers

Thanks Chris--I have several ODB readers. What I don't have are the "normal" values for this CX-5 to make comparison. I'm looking for another member(s) to post their data.

I do, but my cx5 is a 2015. I also dont have oem intake or exhaust (or tune, but I can reflash my ecu in 5 min).

A '15 2.5L NA would be fine. Unless you've changed heads, cams or something to alter the volumetrics, and assuming your MAF location is still sensing air flow accurately, and running OEM PCM flash, I'd think the idle values of your CX-5 would be very close to stock.

I'm getting about 1.8g/sec at 600 RPM, which seems a bit low. Would expect around 2.2 g/s at 600 RPM, at conditions in my first post. The MAP is reporting about 22 in of vacuum, which would be pretty impressive--but maybe normal?-- for a 2.5L 4 bang at 600 RPM idle. I do have a way to check vacuum with other test gear this weekend.

I'm gonna be adding head cleaner and changing my oil tomorrow.. I'll put the stock tune on before I drive to my moms (I do my maintence there as I live in an apt). This will give the ecu sometime to trim out. Just for s***, my idle rn is ~20inHg, with my 93 tune on a 75f day about 500ft msl

Attachments

• 15811123909941485464555898021740.jpg
    15811123909941485464555898021740.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 141
Well, 22psi for 45 degree ambient may be spot on. Maybe something to do with higher than typical compression ratio (?). Will be interesting to see MAF.

Thanks for jumping on to post data--I see you are one of the more active and deeper DIY members.

Current #s with tune. Iats are higher at idle due to short ram intake so manifold pressure might be lower but that varies on temp and altitude anyways

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200207-162316_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20200207-162316_Torque.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 173
Interesting. Your tune remaps injectors a bit rich at idle--almost -10% LTFT.

Nonetheless, your MAP pressure should be about the same as mine (similar elevation of 700' +/-). You're at 21 in. vacuum. Check. Your MAF is 50% higher than mine, at 600 RPM. hmmm.....

Interesting. Your tune remaps injectors a bit rich at idle--almost -10% LTFT.

Nonetheless, your MAP pressure should be about the same as mine (similar elevation of 700' +/-). You're at 21 in. vacuum. Check. Your MAF is 50% higher than mine, at 600 RPM. hmmm.....
Possibly due to the SRI. It flows more but I can put the oem airbox back on before I leave tomorrow it takes like 5min. But my oem box has a jbr high filter. Also my trim sunset based on my driving so richer make sense since I tend to do a lot of WoT and high rpms.

I didn't do the maintenece. I'll update here when I get around to it

Reactions: AVC

Latest posts

Back