Awesome Motorsports Pictures & Videos

rigit

pedals = on/off switch
:
03.5 Ti MS Protege
You were at the Double-X challenge here, correct?
you must be thinking of me. I was there. here is a pic from it.


here is a cool pic I like from columbus , MS

 
Its a C Stock '99 miata. Basically its set up to limits of stock class. Koni shocks, 1 1/4" front sway bar, adjustable front sway bar end links, K&N drop-in filter, custom exhaust & Kumho V710's on stock wheels.

Thanks.
 

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
lol after looking at that vid and some others, maybe im going for the wrong car here... miata>FC rx7? LOL I dont care, im getting my rx-7...

For the guy on here that does auto-x the Rx7..how does it stack up compared to others?
 

JDuncan

Piston Impaired
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #1552
With the exception of the third gen in SM2, and possibly the FC turbo in B-Prepared, there are not any classes where RX-7's are competitive. Maybe a NA FC with open or viscous LSD in STS2 but most likely not.

In stock class, the NA RX-7's go in ES, where the dominant cars are the last generation MR2 coupe and the 1.8L Miata's. The Miata has a comparable power to weight ration and a vastly superior suspension setup. That, coupled with its smaller size make it a much better autocross car. If you are looking for a competitive autocross car, then the RX-7 is not it.

Now fun, that is another question. I have a lot more fun in my RX-7 than I do in my Miata on the autocross course.

My wisdom to impart:
Unless you only seek from autocross to obtain the fame of your name in the back of an obscure rulebook and a bi-line in Sports Car and GrassrootsMotorsports magazines, then don't worry about being in the competitve car in class. Build what makes you happy and go out there to drive for fun.

Racing around a parking lot shouldn't be any more serious than that.
 
Last edited:

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
yeah, I'd really just be out there for fun, nothing more :) So I'll stick w/ the Rx-7...thanks for the words :)
 

khaosman

P5T R.I.P.
Contributor
:
2006 Honda S2000
evilmonkeyMSP said:
yeah, I'd really just be out there for fun, nothing more :) So I'll stick w/ the Rx-7...thanks for the words :)
Also try to drive both. Harass people at auto-xs into letting you codrive their car or do fun runs. That's what I do. I haven't gotten the guy with the Evo MR with 400+hp to break down yet... soon though!
 

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
LMAO well, also Im 6'2" so I'd look silly in a miata. Plus my wife is more than willing to get me my Rx7 since I;ve wanted one for so long...she doesnt care for the miata LOL
khaosman said:
Also try to drive both. Harass people at auto-xs into letting you codrive their car or do fun runs. That's what I do. I haven't gotten the guy with the Evo MR with 400+hp to break down yet... soon though!
 

aMaff

High Speed Low Drag
Moderator
:
1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder
evilmonkeyMSP said:
my wife is more than willing to get me my Rx7 since I;ve wanted one for so long and maybe I'd shut up about it if she let me get it...
fixed...
 

JDuncan

Piston Impaired
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #1552
evilmonkeyMSP said:
LMAO well, also Im 6'2" so I'd look silly in a miata. Plus my wife is more than willing to get me my Rx7 since I;ve wanted one for so long...she doesnt care for the miata LOL
hehe. If you thought it was funny that my head was sticking out of the RX-7's roof, you haven't seen me in the Miata yet...
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Bala

quitas Veritas
Contributor
:
2003.5 323F
JDuncan said:
hehe. If you thought it was funny that my head was sticking out of the RX-7's roof, you haven't seen me in the Miata yet...
That's great! :D

 

khaosman

P5T R.I.P.
Contributor
:
2006 Honda S2000
JDuncan said:
hehe. If you thought it was funny that my head was sticking out of the RX-7's roof, you haven't seen me in the Miata yet...
HAHA! Reminds me of the Simpsons episode with the tall man in the small car.
 

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
LMAO awesome...yep...that would be me...
JDuncan said:
hehe. If you thought it was funny that my head was sticking out of the RX-7's roof, you haven't seen me in the Miata yet...
 
Top