At Last The Eibach Drop Pics!

Shoxshop.com $222.50 to the door.

Every day I drive it the more I'm digging the ride. Turning is more resposive. I'd say on a left turn 10 mph faster without much lean. I do feel the force down on the right front in those turns but its all good with the stiff frame.

610515_7_full.jpg

610515_8_full.jpg

610515_9_full.jpg

Last edited:
see, thats where the suspension shoulda been from the factory, then the springs would bring it down to almost tuck the tires...Those 3s are def jacked up...

that wagon looks real good though(thumb)

rjison said:
Every day I drive it the more I'm digging the ride. Turning is more resposive. I'd say on a left turn 10 mph faster without much lean. I do feel the force down on the right front in those turns but its all good with the stiff frame.

610515_7_full.jpg

610515_8_full.jpg

610515_9_full.jpg

Very nice, I can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock. I've tried Shox.com and Nopi and always get there not in yet.
BTW springs do not settle.

--Herb--

AzMz3 said:
:rolleyes: here we go again.

ok sir, what is YOUR term for the extra .25"-.5" drop in height from the time springs are installed to abou a week later???(dunno)

AzMz3 said:
Very nice, I can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock. I've tried Shox.com and Nopi and always get there not in yet.

--Herb--

Springs do settle.

AzMz3 said:

--Herb--
Yeah, I guess I was the first to order from them for the 3. They told me I'd get the first set that came in that was in May. I'm mostly hearing its about three weeks from order to the door.
Are they giving you a date?

rjison said:
Yeah, I guess I was the first to order from them for the 3. They told me I'd get the first set that came in that was in May. I'm mostly hearing its about three weeks from order to the door.
Are they giving you a date?

They told me I was the first to order... I was the first... I was the first... I was the first.... mine have serial number on them... it says 00000000000000001 (dance)

stingfish said:
They told me I was the first to order... I was the first... I was the first... I was the first.... mine have serial number on them... it says 00000000000000001 (dance)

Eibach told me I was the first to order I ordered the begining of March

the car looks real nice. You should try www.xpphotoalbum.com for hosting photos so we can see actual size -- or close to it.

Those eibachs give a damn nice drop man. I am impressed. I think the car may actually raise a bit if you were to install adjustable or tokico type of shocks that are firmer than the stockers.

Car looks great guys.

protegeV said:
:rolleyes: here we go again.

ok sir, what is YOUR term for the extra .25"-.5" drop in height from the time springs are installed to abou a week later???(dunno)

I would say that is your car settling from being jacked up. Or it could be that the car is new and the bushings are settleing. But it has been stated by many major brands of spring makers that coil springs do not settle because they are pre-set. A coil spring that is not pre-set is of low quaility and will eventually lead to less durable product and inconsistent ride height. Springs don't settle, well atleast the good ones. Got most of this from the Eibach and Progress site.

--Herb--

AzMz3 said:
I would say that is your car settling from being jacked up. Or it could be that the car is new and the bushings are settleing. But it has been stated by many major brands of spring makers that coil springs do not settle because they are pre-set. A coil spring that is not pre-set is of low quaility and will eventually lead to less durable product and inconsistent ride height. Springs don't settle, well atleast the good ones. Got most of this from the Eibach and Progress site.

--Herb--

From the Eibach web site:
All Eibach suspension coils are pre-set to eliminate settling and increase life expectancy. Some minimal settling may occur as the new spring mates up to an existing rubber suspension isolator, this is normal...

Does it really matter WHAT is settling? Some sort of settling is going to occur. You're both sort of right. Now let it go. (hippy)

AzMz3 said:
I would say that is your car settling from being jacked up. Or it could be that the car is new and the bushings are settleing.
negative. I jacked my car up three times for various things before I changed the springs, and it was always at the same height when i put it back down, and never went any lower.
Also, i had a car with 40,000miles on it that I installed springs on so I dont think being new has anything to do with it...Those 2.5" springs settled to over 3" (shocked)

goldwing2000 said:
From the Eibach web site:

Does it really matter WHAT is settling? Some sort of settling is going to occur. You're both sort of right. Now let it go. (hippy)

ActuallY I was right...Springs don't settle, other things do.
If you springs settle then you got some cheap springs that offer no help to your suspension.

--Herb--

AzMz3 said:
ActuallY I was right... (blah)

Must I always repeat myself?

*AHEM*

Does it really matter WHAT is settling? Some sort of settling is going to occur.

Besides, YOU are the one who brought up springs settling. Everyone else just talked about the car settling and didn't attribute it to a specific cause.

Now, let it go!

Last edited:
Back