AT 4/ or 5 Speed downshifting

blondee_yvr

:
2012 Mazda3
A female friend of mine says her 2006 AT 5 speed downshifts automatically when going down hill. I never heard of this before. I did see this for myself to my surprise.

Now, with my 05 4 Speed AT, it doesn't do this. Has anyone else noticed this?

my '02.5 p5 does this. when ever u come to a slow down, it'll downshift. i'm thinking they thought AT people are lazy so they made it downshift for u. i mean if u have an auto, would u downshift from 4->1 if ur at a complete stop? u dont wanna be caught in the wrong gear right? dunno about ur sportshift but ours is kinda just like a novelty to get the feel of a "standard" car lol..

try read in ur manual for ur car. maybe it'll say in one part that it will or will not downshift for u. my manual says it will

my '02.5 p5 does this. when ever u come to a slow down, it'll downshift. i'm thinking they thought AT people are lazy so they made it downshift for u. i mean if u have an auto, would u downshift from 4->1 if ur at a complete stop? u dont wanna be caught in the wrong gear right? dunno about ur sportshift but ours is kinda just like a novelty to get the feel of a "standard" car lol..

try read in ur manual for ur car. maybe it'll say in one part that it will or will not downshift for u. my manual says it will

its liek that in the tiptronic tranny in the 6i. It will down shift all the way to first for ya.

A female friend of mine says her 2006 AT 5 speed downshifts automatically when going down hill. I never heard of this before. I did see this for myself to my surprise.

Now, with my 05 4 Speed AT, it doesn't do this. Has anyone else noticed this?

Wrong place for this. MS3 doesn't come with A/T.

I think almost all sportshift cars automatically downshift when you are slowing. I know some have options where you can stop it from doing so, but I think that's how most come from the factory.

Back