Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

jaycal6

2020 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve
I'm one of those people who could be perfectly happy without a moonroof, let alone a pano. Then again, I'm in the northeast and the weather is often pretty lousy.

V
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
I'm one of those people who could be perfectly happy without a moonroof, let alone a pano. Then again, I'm in the northeast and the weather is often pretty lousy.

Agreed, I've had a number of cars (incl the 2019 CX-5) with sun/moonroofs. Hardly EVER use them - I find them pretty much useless.

Interestingly, my other car's a convertible (not a Miata :)) and I hardly ever go out in it without the roof down!

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
L
Canada
V
'18 CX-9 Signature
^^ Same here.

Lane centering tech is not something I want, but I'm sure it's coming. People always say it's nice to have and that they use it responsibly, but a lot of these people misuse it or have false expectations that result in collisions and injuries. It doesn't help that some manufacturer's commercials actually show drivers lifting their hands from the damn steering wheel...

Mazda does in fact have lane centering tech, it just isn't available in North America. Initially, I thought that part of the reason NA Mazdas don't have lane centering is because they have GVC and GVC+ instead. But after looking at Mazda Australia's site, their CX-5s have LKAS with corrective steering and GVC+. Not sure what gives. But I'll enjoy not having it until they force it on us, and when they do, I hope I can turn it off, lol.

V
Mazda3
Agreed about the sunroof. I live in LA and while the weather is nice year round I can't stand the sun beating down on my head.

V
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
The regular sunroof was one more thing I liked about the CX-5. I do use & enjoy my sunroof but have no interest whatsoever in a panoroof.

V
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
I would like it if they moved the side traffic alert lights from the mirror glass into the interior - where the mirror attaches and the black plastic is now. It's like that on Nissans and it's MUCH more noticeable and useful than being on the mirror glass. One would think that the mirror glass would be cheaper too without the embedded light.
My wife's 2018 Outback also has the side traffic alert lights on the inside edge of the mirror. Much easier to see. The VW Golf I had prior to the CX-5 also had the lights on the mirror similar to the CX-5. Glare on the mirror made the lights hard to see at times. At least the HUD helps on the CX-5.

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
L
San Antonio, Texas
V
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
I don't care for all that nanny driver assist technology; I like the BSM but everything else I would likely be trying to disable. If anything I'm waiting for a proper high output engine (not the current 2.5T). Perhaps with the i6 being designed it will make its way into the cx-5, or a redesigned i4.