Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

just curious, what additional tech would you like to see on the new cx-5? i would like to see that "smart park" feature that hyundai has, that would definitely put a smile on my and my son's face going in and out of the garage, other than that, i'm not sure what more features it needs, just need to upgrade the dang cameras, that's for sure.

I think people want tech such as lane keep and park assist. Those things are in some ways stupid, but I think can drive sales to a certain group of people.

The size of the CX-5 is perfect for me but I think if it had an extra inch in the rear, it would help in the USA. I also think it needs a larger gas tank.

I just got my CX-5 GTR earlier this year, but the RAV4 Prime is the ONE car that has me wondering if I should've waited and checked it out instead. It looks pretty great. The CX-5 is a lot of fun, but the MPG is abysmal.

although the Rav4 designs have improved, the main reasons I got a Mazda was the fun drive-ability and it's design. The cx-5 could use better MPG of course, but it's good enough and the joy of driving makes up for it. Hoping Mazda also comes out with a hybrid version soon.

I just got my CX-5 GTR earlier this year, but the RAV4 Prime is the ONE car that has me wondering if I should've waited and checked it out instead. It looks pretty great. The CX-5 is a lot of fun, but the MPG is abysmal.

MPG may be abysmal in the turbo but the NA has been very respectable in my wife's 2018 and my 2019. Easily getting over 30 mpg in combined per tank average in both our cars.

MPG may be abysmal in the turbo but the NA has been very respectable in my wife's 2018 and my 2019. Easily getting over 30 mpg in combined per tank average in both our cars.

Yeah, I'm referring to the turbo. I got about 25 mpg on a long trip this past weekend. Combined I'm probably somewhere around 20.

The size of the CX-5 is perfect for me but I think if it had an extra inch in the rear, it would help in the USA. I also think it needs a larger gas tank.

I kind of wonder if the recently enlarged Honda CR V's bulbous rear cargo is so that the hatch can accommodate a sheet of 4x8 plywood. CX5 can't by just a bit.

The CX5 seems to be in pretty much the right place when you look at sales numbers of it and it's class competition.

I think people want tech such as lane keep and park assist. Those things are in some ways stupid, but I think can drive sales to a certain group of people.

I’ve got lane keeping tech on my RAV4 and now I can’t go back. It’s fantastic for longer highway drives when using cruise control. Really makes a difference in reducing fatigue and I hope Mazda brings it to future models

I’ve got lane keeping tech on my RAV4 and now I can’t go back. It’s fantastic for longer highway drives when using cruise control. Really makes a difference in reducing fatigue and I hope Mazda brings it to future models
The CX-5 has this already (at least our 19 GT premium does...)

The CX-5 has this already (at least our 19 GT premium does...)

Mazdas lane keep assist is not very intrusive. Its assists if you lightly leave the lane but what I believe others are talking about is being able to essentially take your hands off the wheel and it will remain centered in the lane.

Mazdas lane keep assist is not very intrusive. Its assists if you lightly leave the lane but what I believe others are talking about is being able to essentially take your hands off the wheel and it will remain centered in the lane.

Exactly. My RAV4 will drive itself as long as I keep my hands on the wheel and the road markings are clear. It works well around highway curves but I turn the feature off on winding and narrow rural roads.

i thought i would like this function, i tried it on the Lexus RX on a long drive from RI to NY and found it more of a nuisance than a driving aid. Mazda's Dave Coleman was right when he explained having lane centering will diminish your connection and drive-ability to the road and hence why Mazda made their lane keep assist less intrusive. I do however really appreciate the radar cruise control in our mazdas.

i thought i would like this function, i tried it on the Lexus RX on a long drive from RI to NY and found it more of a nuisance than a driving aid. Mazda's Dave Coleman was right when he explained having lane centering will diminish your connection and drive-ability to the road and hence why Mazda made their lane keep assist less intrusive. I do however really appreciate the radar cruise control in our mazdas.

It wouldn’t surprise me if different cars of the same make and model perform differently too. How the camera is installed, how clean the windshield is, hell I bet calibration of each system isn’t 100% alike. Some people with the same model as me comment that the lane centering feature is unusable on their RAV4. They liken it to having a drunk buddy in the passenger seat holding the wheel for you. They probably aren’t wrong, but the experience I’ve had on mine isn’t anything like that.

Dave Coleman is a GREAT PR guy, he can convince anyone about why Mazda does x and he will have you believing every word lol.
No panoramic sunroof on CX5? He can explain it away. No lane centering available? He'll tell you why it sucks. No off-road capability for a CX5? He can explain why offroading is below a CX5's abilities and not needed....
Not a knock on Dave, he is awesome. But Mazda will explain away why they aren't doing something at (this) time.
I can almost assure you 100% Mazdas next gen self driving modes will feature a more robust lane centering.....they will go with a larger panoramic sunroof soon, just like now they are increasing ground clearance and offering limited off-road drive mode.

The future is in less driver interaction for good and bad, eventually it will be federally mandated requirment to be on the roads.

Dave Coleman is a GREAT PR guy, he can convince anyone about why Mazda does x and he will have you believing every word lol.
you definitely have some valid points. I too am waiting on panoroof for mazda for years!! and at this point, i don't care if it diminishes the performance of the car.. high performance manufacturers ie bmw and benz have them, and i don't think it handles any less. Give us the Pano!

you definitely have some valid points. I too am waiting on panoroof for mazda for years!! and at this point, i don't care if it diminishes the performance of the car.. high performance manufacturers ie bmw and benz have them, and i don't think it handles any less. Give us the Pano!

Friends of ours just got a 2020 Subaru Forester, its sunroof is about 2.5x larger then the CX5's. Its not a full pano roof but really brightens up the cabin. The Mazda sunroof looks dinky in comparison. Even something like that would make a big difference over the current offering.

Friends of ours just got a 2020 Subaru Forester, its sunroof is about 2.5x larger then the CX5's. Its not a full pano roof but really brightens up the cabin. The Mazda sunroof looks dinky in comparison. Even something like that would make a big difference over the current offering.

i'm sure mazda is well aware they are losing some sales over the lack of panoroof. I've had one in my sante fe turbo, and loved it. But then again, there are drivers who also say, why would anyone need a panoroof? and would just opt for no moonroof all together. To me, if Mazda is going premium, you have to offer Panoroof or something close to it...I was really expecting the new mazda3 to have this, so that i would know it would trickle up to the other models...but no go yet.

Back