Are there any CX5 owners who have NO hood shake?

Visuals

:
Honda CRV 2007 EX-L
Mirror shake
or any shakes at highway speeds?
Haven't bought one yet, but I really want one.
This problem seems to be prevalent enough that I may put a clause in my buyers agreement from whom ever i purchase from that if those things happen
They guarantee to fix it.

I have a 2014 GT, bought at the end of 9/2013...no shakes at all. Don't hesitate, get one!

I honestly dont even know where the hood shakes at. So i guess that means mine doesnt. The drivers mirror vibrates though at speed and when the stereo is cranked.

Not seen any shakes yet either. This is a typical case of things looking far worse than they are on forums as nobody says when everything is running fine only when theres a problem and then if 2or 3 people say the same thing it looks like there is a problem even though in reality tens of thousands of cars are fine.

I Agree with Rocketron, I don't have any shakes in fact except for the tomtom live services I just could not be more pleased with the car.

Bought mine 3 months ago today and have only 516 miles. Thankfully no hood shakes though I only use for trips to Costco and such. Though I did hear wind noise once when I drove 50 mph.

5k miles, no issues at all. 27 mpg overall without even trying. Much of what you read on any forum is overstated.

Hood shakes: It becomes clear that people do have this but is it really shaking or can something be done with the rubber adjustments? I have seen, when a big 18 wheeler breezes by me that the hood moved ever so slightly, like the air moving over the hood is lifting it slightly. It is not that the hood is loose and can flap up over the windshield. I also think that paint colors could have something to do with it, with some paints and reflections it is easier to notice. Vibrating mirrors - I have the Canadian GS model and I noticed that cleaning the mirror inside the cover causes the mirror to move. It feels "flimsy" just one tiny push with a sponge and the mirror needs to be re-adjusted. I have not noticed vibration during driving.
To put this in perspective, I had a Hyundai SF where the hood moved much more than the one on the CX5, I recall driving through a storm last year and I thought the whole thing would rip off the car. I think these days the engineering of these steels and the need to make things light weight is for us consumers something to get used to. Remember that the materials are tested thoroughly under many different circumstances.

Mine doesn't really shake much, but it has and sometimes still does vibrate when accelerating hard under load or uphill, making a loud buzzing sound around 2500 rpm. Sometimes I wonder if the 'buzzing when pushed' I read about now and then in reviews is actually this, because it's normally very smooth.

I was able to mitigate it by adjusting the rubber bumpers, though I've had to adjust them since. My first oil change is coming up and I'm going to ask the dealer about it.

Both my hood and mirror shake.
The hood does not vibrate most of the time, e.g. when driving down a reasonably smooth highway. Even when it does move, it is pretty minor usually and easy to not notice. Only rarely will it vibrate more significantly, e.g. when driving over warning strips before a stop sign.
The mirror shake is an annoyance. However, I am having this fixed (hopefully) because it can become distracting / confusing especially at night, when I can't easily tell if the headlights I see are from the lane next to me or perhaps two lanes over.

I have test-driven one 2013 model and 3 2014 models and all had mirror shake. Not sure about hood.

2014 Touring, no hood shake and only minor mirror shake. I probably wouldn't have ever paid attention to it had I not read about it on this forum. I strongly suspect that many other people would have never noticed the mirror without it being pointed out to them. I can't speak for the hood shake since mine seems rock solid.

No hood or mirror shake during 11,000 miles of driving. Internet forums have a way of making it appear that an issue is widespread when, in fact, it is not. IMO, the CX-5 is one very solidly engineered car.

Both the mirror and the hood shake under certain conditions, but not enough to bother me.

2013 Touring - June 30, 2012 - 15,876 miles - No shakes, or vibration in mirrors, or hood. Slight rattle in dash when cold. Average MPG for this period is 28.8, figured manually.

Back