Are the CX-9 OEM brake pads ceramic or semi-metallic?

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD, Crystal White Pearl, Bose/Moonroof
The pads from the factory (and the ones the dealers use) are all semi-metallic. It's worth the switch to ceramic pads just to make the freakin' 20" wheels easier to clean (almost no brake dust)!

damaster

Zoom Zoomin'
:
2011 CX-9 GT
Reviving this ol' thread to state that I put aftermarket ceramic pads on and I find the stopping power just isn't there. The 2011 CX-9 already has underpowered brakes to begin with, so I think putting semi-metallic pads is the better option for better stopping power. Would like to hear other opinions.

:
2010 CX-9 GT
What pads did you use?

I put Centric ceramic pads (Posi-Quiet 105.12580 Front, 105.12590 Rear) on about 7 years ago and have no complaints. My car never sees cold weather, though, and I have noticed on other cars that ceramic pads sometimes really suck until they get some heat into them.

damaster

Zoom Zoomin'
:
2011 CX-9 GT
I used Akebono ProACT ceramic pads front and rear (ACT1258 and ACT1259). They're pretty good but still wish they had more bite. I had also replaced the rotors with Raybestos 980580FZN coated rotors in the front and Raybestos 980579 rotors in the rear. Any suggestions on a better rotor & pad set up that will give more "bite" and better stopping performance? Will semi-metallics have more stopping power vs the Akebono ceramics?

I must say though that of all the ceramics that I've tried over the years the Akebonos are the best. Compared to Centric, Wagner, etc.