Anyone pick these MONROE Struts and Coils up?

mstep

:
02 protege5
just got my car out of the shop and they did my rear struts with mounts, control arms, tie rod ends, engine mounts basically a good amount of stuff and the car is feelin amazing. but didnt have enough money to do the front struts so i mite just do them myself next month. anyone ever by the whole assembly like this?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

was curious if the spring rates are the same as oem ones or should i just buy 2 front struts and mounts separately and use the stock springs

car is at 130k miles and the rear looks like they have a lot bigger wheel to fender gap than front

Not sure what struts you have, but I run nothing but Tokico Blues. Springs are '03 MSP. Excellent handling, ride is firm, but civilized. Buy a pair of front struts to match your rears since you don't know if package coils are OEM spring rate. Is the rear fender/tire gap same as original? If not, why not?

I would say stay away from Monroe. I haven't heard many good things about how long their last. Just get new KYB struts and mounts, keep the stock springs, and get some Ford Escape end links while you're in there. Idk what your plans are for modding, but if you're expecting to have your car for very long pay for the better stuff. You get what you pay for....

The Monroe brand doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

KYB GR-2/Excel's struts have a lifetime warranty and are a decent OEM replacement. You can pick up the struts, strut mounts, and the bumper/cover from RockAuto.com for cheaper than the complete Monroe units.

I purchased a brand new set of monroe sturts from O'Reilly, 1 was bad right out of the box. However Monroe does offer life time warranties.

The Monroe brand is just basic OE s***. It won't do you any harm. I didn't know they made quick struts for this pr5 model. I looked everywhere the last time I needed struts! Are you sure those fit correct?!
Those are by no means a performance suspension package, however, they ARE very easy to install!! Save time and money .
3 nuts on top and 2 bolts on the bottom , get it aligned and you're good to go!

went with kyb's, shop i took it to said not use monroe so went with that. so my sound in the front passenger tire is back, ill try to make a vid tonight after class but its like somethings loose and its not wheel bearing cuz its not making that sound wheels bearing make while driving or on highway. sound happens on bump, accelerating and braking. could it be a bent wheel stud? i hit a curb a year a half ago, blew both tires on passenger side

Back