Anyone install Apple CarPlay themselves?

Has anyone tried to install the retrofit kit them selves yet. It seems to be pretty easy. This is my second CX-9 I had a 2009 Grand Touring. I now have a 2016 Touring with the Premium package. I purchased the retrofit kit at a fraction of the price the dealer charges but still original factory product. I called the dealer they still want $200 to install even with the firmware already installed.

Here's a great video from last year detailing the installation from start to finish:

Has anyone tried to install the retrofit kit them selves yet. It seems to be pretty easy. This is my second CX-9 I had a 2009 Grand Touring. I now have a 2016 Touring with the Premium package. I purchased the retrofit kit at a fraction of the price the dealer charges but still original factory product. I called the dealer they still want $200 to install even with the firmware already installed.
Yes I installed car play on my 2016 CX-9. It was really easy!

Like others have said, follow the YouTube video and things will go smoothly! Also get you some panel trim removal tools ⚒! It makes things super easy!

I've also done it, twice. Once in our (sold) CX-5 and once in our CX-9. Very straightforward process as others have said. Just take it step by step.

Back