Anyone Here Get Their 2.5T Tuned Yet?

Dude, do you have the same user name on M3post and messaged me about my WTB tire ad? Small world if so.

You should pick up a cx9, it's a great suv with nice driving dynamics. Definitely punches above its class.
No, not a member there. I guess I'm really not that "original" after all... haha

CX-9 is definitely on the short list - feel like it's a lot of bang for the buck. Hopefully this thread generates a little more "bang" down the line!

Antoine

Administrator
I'm cheering for you guys, Mazda Owners need more options. Spread the word about this thread, get people to join and post here about this...Let's build a demand center here and keep the conversation alive...I wonder, if Mazda turns the next gen Mazda6 into a high performance model (and the other models receive a variant with the same treatment eventually)..It could help "boost" the overall Mazda Aftermarket.

:
16 CX-5 Tour'ngAWD
I'm cheering for you guys...It could help "boost" the overall Mazda Aftermarket.
I'm cheering for more mazda aftermarket too, but if you notice, the aftermarket is built around cars in which the owners like to "hoon" around in (on road or even off road). The only real, current Mazda product that fits that bill is the MX-5. All other current Mazda offerings do not support the "hooniverse" culture.

In road and rally racing, what Mazda products are being used? This question will show you where any (performance) aftermarket will cater too.

Before the aftermarket steps up, they need to see a product to support, and a culture around that product that wants more than than stock and continue where the factory stopped. The CX-5, any engine, is not in this category.

If Mazda were to develop a Mazdaspeed 3, 6, or even a Mazdaspeed CX-5, using the 2.5t engine, then the aftermarket might take notice. Maybe the vehicle tuning scene would go beyond simple things like intakes/exhausts, stiffer bushings, and suspension upgrades. Then again, maybe it wouldn't.

A culture has to be in place before the aftermarket gets involved. Right now, there is no go-fast, hooniverse culture surrounding the CX-5 let alone Mazda in general.

Antoine

Administrator
If Mazda were to develop a Mazdaspeed 3, 6, or even a Mazdaspeed CX-5, using the 2.5t engine, then the aftermarket might take notice. Maybe the vehicle tuning scene would go beyond simple things like intakes/exhausts, stiffer bushings, and suspension upgrades. Then again, maybe it wouldn't.
Great points...There is talk of this turbo engine being used to possibly bring back Mazdaspeed and or a new higher performance / grade tier. I agree that Mazda needs to inject serious performance potential into its lineup to have a better chance at reviving the aftermarket...A new flagship high performance model would not hurt either!

Still...Showing interest via this thread and keeping the discussion going can only help this cause...Like, post and share if you want to see more aftermarket support!

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
CorkSport has also been pretty receptive in terms of hearing their customers out and bringing certain things to market, like their air intakes and even an exhaust option for the CX-9, of all vehicles. They have also developed intercooler and boost piping upgrades. Bolt-ons are cool and all, but once someone figures out how to tune the 2.5T, they can really make use of all those bolt-on parts to make some real power. Then, once people are made aware of what it can do, other companies/tuners will hopefully be more likely to hop on the 2.5T wagon.

I personally feel like it makes a lot of sense to put resources into tuning the 2.5T engine because it's currently available in three different models with lots of talk of putting it in others (like the Mazda3).

EDIT: Like the *AWD Mazda3 hatch

Last edited: