Anyone have the Compustar CS4905-S-KIT system installed?

:
2016 CX-5 w/ Tech/Activsense
Over the last few months this kit has been offered by Best Buy for 250 installed including the Mazda harness and stuff. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it in regard to the Mazda? I am trying to decide if I should bite on this if it comes up again or just install the Fortin One myself.

I mostly interesting in how the factory key system works with Compustar. Can I only use the factory key? Can I start the car from the compustar key but drive with the Mazda key? Any issues with Radar Cruise control like the Fortin?

I like the idea of being able to start the car with the Compustar system from inside my house but only using the Mazda key to drive (if this works). Fortin/factory system is a little unreliable to my detached garage.

I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ iActivesense.

sort of related discussion over here:

and

I was sad to have missed the recent Best Buy deal on the Compustar so I am curious how or why people choose one manufacture over another.

And even if you choose a brand preference.. which MODEL to choose also baffles me.

I want to do a DIY install perhaps.. but surely dont want to mess up them fancy new electronics on my 2019 CX-5 Signature.

sort of related discussion over here:

and

I was sad to have missed the recent Best Buy deal on the Compustar so I am curious how or why people choose one manufacture over another.

And even if you choose a brand preference.. which MODEL to choose also baffles me.

I want to do a DIY install perhaps.. but surely dont want to mess up them fancy new electronics on my 2019 CX-5 Signature.

As long as you use something that has a hardness, I don't think think you can really mess anything permanently. The Fortin install seems pretty straightforward, although its annoying that the Radar Cruise doesn't work when started via the Fortin. I saw someone in another thread say that it was fixed with a firmware update, but when I asked Fortin via email they said it wasn't fixed, so I am not sure what to believe.

The compustar is probably just as easy to install, but I haven't seen anyone document installing it on a CX-5.

What’s wrong with the radar cruise? I haven’t had any issues with my evo one install.

Not sure if it applies to all cx-5 model years but some people have reported issues where Radar Cruise can't be activated if the car was started via the Fortin.

Back