Anyone else having small electrical glitches?

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Been noticing a few 'electrical' glitches in my GTR (about 3,600 miles).

1) The walk away auto lock works about 75% of the time. I'll get out of the car, close the door, and hang around the car for about 5-10 seconds. Ill walk away but there is no beep.

2) The rain-sensing wipers don't work all the time. I'll have to turn off the wipers and turn them back on occasionally for it to sense the rain and start working.

3) When connecting the audio through bluetooth, I notice that sometimes the volume dips down and then a few seconds later, the volume comes back up again. I've noticed it with listening to the radio as well.

I'm guessing I need to take it in?

1) The walk away auto lock works about 75% of the time. I'll get out of the car, close the door, and hang around the car for about 5-10 seconds. Ill walk away but there is no beep.

2) The rain-sensing wipers don't work all the time. I'll have to turn off the wipers and turn them back on occasionally for it to sense the rain and start working.

3) When connecting the audio through bluetooth, I notice that sometimes the volume dips down and then a few seconds later, the volume comes back up again. I've noticed it with listening to the radio as well.

Manual suggests the proper walk-away locking procedure, and criteria needed to be met.
Be certain rain sensing is ACTIVE on menu.
The Audio volume dips because you are getting alerts on your phone.

Manual suggests the proper walk-away locking procedure, and criteria needed to be met.
Be certain rain sensing is ACTIVE on menu.
The Audio volume dips because you are getting alerts on your phone.

Rain sensing is active on the menu. It sometimes doesn't work so i have to turn the wipers and then back on for it to work.

There are no alerts on the phone. I'm well aware of when alerts come on the phone and what it sounds like. This occurs when there are no notifications.

You can try adjusting the rain sensor sensitivity.

Since the audio drop occurs when using the radio also, it is probably related to a lane keep alert, navigation alert, speed camera alert, school zone alert, something like this?

The next time audio drops out, look at display, or turn up the audio during the dropout to hear message

I agree, the rain sensing wipers are unpredictable to say the least. The walk away locking works but there are certain conditions like going in the back door or having a phone in your pocket that disables it. The MZD in mine is a disaster but needs a software update to stop it arguing with CarPlay. I just can*t be arsed taking it in. It*ll get sorted one day.

Yes, I think most of us have occasional issues like that. No, I don't think you should waste your time taking it in.

The walk away sometimes fails even when you do everything right, but only very rarely. Be aware that the active zone around the car is highly irregular.

The rain sensing wipers are a joke on mine, and many others. Some people say theirs is fine.

Keep playing with the bluetooth, something may reveal itself to you.

Walk-away was the first thing I disabled the day after I bought the CX5 Sig. Who wants 50 superfluous lockings (with the mirrors folding-in) each day? And then I have to unlock it every time I want in. I'm sure the fold-mirrors will fail soon enough on their own (probably after the warranty expires) leaving me trying to drive with them folded. Thinking of disabling this feature too. No, I'll decide when the doors need locking. How hard is it to press the little button?

Haven't had a problem with the wipers. But here, when it rains - it pours!

Last edited:
> 1) The walk away auto lock works about 75% of the time. I'll get out of the car, close the door, and hang around the car for about 5-10 seconds. Ill walk away but there is no beep.

Keep your fob away from cell phone as much as possible.
Diff pockets for a starter.

My 17' GT auto locking system works well. I would say 90% of the time it locks correctly on its own.
I don't use the auto wipers - prefer setting the speed how I want it.
No real electrical glitches. Everything, including my Bluetooth seem to work well.

As far as the 19 Sig goes, I will have to report back on. So far, everything seems to be working well.

My systems panel on the left of the wheel is wonky. Sometimes the bsm will just toggle on and off continously. To toggle TCS I have to push it like 20 times, or press it and the tpms buttons together like 20 times. Most of the time pushing tcs toggles the AFS. I'm probably gonna just order a used from from ebay

Last edited:
Aftermarket Evo Fortin remote start disables Cruise Control. Have to turn off car and restart with regular push button or key to enable.....doesn't really bother wife since she never uses CC. Only does this on 1st gen models as it does not appear on my 2016 Mazda6. I think I have to adjust the settings of the module.

My one click to go up or down all the way drivers window quit working for two weeks. No idea why. Just started right back working again on its own.
Jim

Back