2017~2024 Anyone buy these grill trim covers?

Hmmm, interesting. I love going on Aliexpress and just using the search terms 'CX-5 accessories' or CX-5 trim" Same with ebay

Last edited:
I have them for my 2021 Sig but haven’t put them on

they look like surprisingly good quality and match the piano black trim on the rear windows - and stick on with typical two sided tape

photo to compare against chrome below

Attachments

• 34217B70-C121-4252-A595-ED4F92841787.jpeg
    34217B70-C121-4252-A595-ED4F92841787.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 279
  • AB47AF8E-BA7F-4BF6-9A2E-D27D6F0C7C1A.jpeg
    AB47AF8E-BA7F-4BF6-9A2E-D27D6F0C7C1A.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 674A624E-34B6-4DE7-A0B5-8AAA159B908C.jpeg
    674A624E-34B6-4DE7-A0B5-8AAA159B908C.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 274
They also match well the aftermarket black roof rails you can get on Amazon and Ali

Attachments

• 58E54D5F-E99B-40C5-BB4B-CC1CA14C708D.jpeg
    58E54D5F-E99B-40C5-BB4B-CC1CA14C708D.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 157
I like. I just wish there was an easy way to remove and reinstall for occasional cleaning underneath. I guess new tape each time isn't a terrible option

They also match well the aftermarket black roof rails you can get on Amazon and Ali

Thanks. Do you have a link for those?

Do the trim covers fully cover the chrome?

I like. I just wish there was an easy way to remove and reinstall for occasional cleaning underneath. I guess new tape each time isn't a terrible option

If they fit well there won't be much to clean, but if you have to remove and reinstall them every few months it negates any savings of getting it wrapped or plastidip.

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you have a link for those?

Do the trim covers fully cover the chrome?

If they fit well there won't be much to clean, but if you have to remove and reinstall them every few months it negates any savings of getting it wrapped or plastidip.

For the roofrails -- you can probably get them off of Ali -- but here's where I got them on Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

They appear to be of similar quality as OEM and install the same way

For the Grill Cover -- yea, they look like they will. I didnt press all the way on the photo, because I didnt want risk them getting stuck when I wasnt ready to put them on long term

For the roofrails -- you can probably get them off of Ali -- but here's where I got them on Amazon -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

They appear to be of similar quality as OEM and install the same way

For the Grill Cover -- yea, they look like they will. I didnt press all the way on the photo, because I didnt want risk them getting stuck when I wasnt ready to put them on long term
Thanks.

The kit with cross bars seems a bit cheaper than Ali, however the ones on Ali have a different crossbar that is slotted. It would be useful if you have existing euro style / Thule accessories.

Well, at minimum there' the space/width of the double sided tape. Not much, but still

I didnt press all the way on the photo, because I didnt want risk them getting stuck when I wasnt ready to put them on long term
I looks like the same tape used on interior trim part from China. It will do the job but can stillbe taken off without too much effort

Back