Anybody running Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season plus II on their CX-5?

I don't have them in my car, but I did consider them before as I got rid of the OEM tires that came along with my CX5. On most of the reviews on the internet, it is stated that Pirelli Scorpion Verde all-season plus II are smooth, quiet, and provide decent performance on the road.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II is Pirelli's eco-friendly Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tire. It's a newer version of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus. There're very few customers are having experience on this tire since it's too new. The specs indicate it's heavier than most tires in the same category and size at 30 lbs. And it has lower maximum inflation pressure at 44 psi than most newly designed tires at 51 psi. Here's Tire Ratings Charts from Tire Rack for Crossover/SUV touring all-season 225/65R17 tires which I believe it's the size you're looking for. IMO the no. 1 rated Continental CrossContact LX25 (make sure to get H-rated, not T-rated for your size) with $70 Visa Prepaid Card by 8/1/2020 is a better choice on performance and cost.

Tire Ratings Charts_Crossover SUV Touring All-Season.jpg

I seen reviews of the Continental LX25's that says overall it's a great tire but there's an annoying hum between 30-50 mph. One guy that did a great review actually returned the tires after 2000 miles.

I can handle the extra few pounds of the Pirelli's since my car is usually empty most of the time.

I seen reviews of the Continental LX25's that says overall it's a great tire but there's an annoying hum between 30-50 mph. One guy that did a great review actually returned the tires after 2000 miles.
I can handle the extra few pounds of the Pirelli's since my car is usually empty most of the time.
Here’s tire test results from Tire Rack for Continental CrossContact LX25、Michelin CrossClimate SUV、Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II:

Tire Rack Tire Test Results

Here‘s the review on Continental CrossContact LX25 by Unobtanium for his 2019 CX-5 GT-R:

Finally bought new tires

He didn’t mention any humming issue between 30-50 mph in his review.

Last edited:
He didn’t mention any humming issue between 30-50 mph in his review.

The dude that did the review on Youtube had them on a 6,000 lb Expedition so maybe that had something to do with it. The tirerack reviews don't mention anything about it though.

I would caution purchasing H rated Pirelli tires if your have the GS or GT as Mazda recommends V rated tires for these models. In addition the sticker on the Pirelli's tire notes not to install a tire rated lower than that recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. While you may never go as fast as even an H rated tire is capable of doing, if you should have a Pirelli tire issue (on a GS or GT) they may not be prepared to honor their warranty.

Back