Any skiers out there? Alpine, XC skate/classical?

JamesCH

:
2009 Mazdaspeed3; 1991 Turbo Miata
I do all three of the above when I get the chance!

Anyone else out there like to ski?
What skis do you have/like?
Favorite alpine area(s)?
Favorite XC trails?
Ever race any of the above?

I'll go first.

For alpine I have Volkl Super-Sports and two sets of p-60s (one set for rock skis). I've got some XC Fisher RCS skates, and looking for some classicals soon...

Favorite alpine areas are Port du Soliel, and Winter Park.

My favorite XC trails are the local trails in my home town in NH.

Raced alpine in HS.

So let's see those skiers out there!

well i started to ski about 10 years ago.. and after the 2nd year i bought myself some snowblades.

snowblades.jpg

i am not this assclown shown in photo(wiggle)

so much more fun as far as like stunts go. i do get some strange looks though

snow blades look fun. my first attempt at snow i chose to snowboard...and a nice concussion later i never went back to the slopes lol but i love to watch others show off.

well i started to ski about 10 years ago.. and after the 2nd year i bought myself some snowblades.

snowblades.jpg

i am not this assclown shown in photo(wiggle)

so much more fun as far as like stunts go. i do get some strange looks though

My brother and I both got snow blades for a season or two a long time ago, until he broke his leg, non-release bindings FTL!

i wish i lived closer to good ski areas. i've been skiing for around 20 years. when i was a kid i used to go more with my parents. now i go a few times/year but it's freaking expensive. i need some new equipment - my boots are prob 10 years old (if not older) and my skis are probably going on 6-7.

about 2 years ago i went to tuckerman's. it was great http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/jred321/tuckerman/

Nice. Tuckerman looks pretty awesome, though I've never been.

Check ebay for skis, I got some race skis on ebay in HS then sold them for more than I paid after 1 season (shady). Check to see if there are rich people around holding estate sales, that's how I got my Super-Sports and newer p60s, for $25 each with bindings. You can also sometimes score demo skis and boots for cheap at various shops.

yea one of the local shops deals with used equipment. i'm going to check them out but haven't gotten around to it. skis i would be fine ordering over the internet. boots however i need to try on and i need boots more than i need skis. now that christmas is over i'll have a little bit of money to start checking for new (to me at least) equipment

ya no release bindings FTL BIG TIME!!!!!! s*** hurts when they dont come off after a fall

Back