Any non-engine related reasons to wait on 2019?

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
Ive been holding out hope for a turbo engine in 2019, but assuming thats not in the cards, are there any other reasons to hold out for a 2019? Perhaps a lesser feature or ironing out any notable kinks?

I know the ACP situation, so lets avoid that topic. :)

:
'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N
Sig trim, nicer leather, wood bits, cooled seats..hopefully. Looks like no 2.5T yet but the 2.2TT should be available;)

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
Sig trim, nicer leather, wood bits, cooled seats..hopefully. Looks like no 2.5T yet but the 2.2TT should be available;)

Yes Im hoping for cooled seats. Had them in a rental car and theyre great for long drives. I decided I wanted them in my next new car.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
I know the new Mazda6 gets upgraded more powerful USB ports....perhaps trickles down to CX-5?

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
I*ve been holding out hope for a turbo engine in 2019, but assuming that*s not in the cards, are there any other reasons to hold out for a 2019? Perhaps a lesser feature or ironing out any notable kinks?

I know the ACP situation, so let*s avoid that topic. :)

AFAIK there are no notable kinks besides some people saying the engine needs more oomph (excluding AA/ACP which is on its way)

craigo

Contributor
:
2014 CX-5 GT FWD, 2015 Mazda 3 Touring
The roadmap from a little while ago claimed new infotainment system for 2019. Whether this holds true, or if its just the AA/CarPlay upgrade, is unknown. The current system dates back to 2014 so its certainly possible.

:
You might wait to hold out for the holy grail of CX-5 "wants"

The lighted glove compartment. (flash)

:
But does it have a lock?

Edit: The Holy Grail of CX-5 upgrades = A lighted AND locking glove compartment.

I recall having a Jetta once which had a cooled glove compartment for your drinks!!