Any non-engine related reasons to wait on 2019?

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
Ive been holding out hope for a turbo engine in 2019, but assuming thats not in the cards, are there any other reasons to hold out for a 2019? Perhaps a lesser feature or ironing out any notable kinks?

I know the ACP situation, so lets avoid that topic. :)

Sig trim, nicer leather, wood bits, cooled seats..hopefully. Looks like no 2.5T yet but the 2.2TT should be available;)

Sig trim, nicer leather, wood bits, cooled seats..hopefully. Looks like no 2.5T yet but the 2.2TT should be available;)

Yes Im hoping for cooled seats. Had them in a rental car and theyre great for long drives. I decided I wanted them in my next new car.

I know the new Mazda6 gets upgraded more powerful USB ports....perhaps trickles down to CX-5?

I*ve been holding out hope for a turbo engine in 2019, but assuming that*s not in the cards, are there any other reasons to hold out for a 2019? Perhaps a lesser feature or ironing out any notable kinks?

I know the ACP situation, so let*s avoid that topic. :)

AFAIK there are no notable kinks besides some people saying the engine needs more oomph (excluding AA/ACP which is on its way)

The roadmap from a little while ago claimed new infotainment system for 2019. Whether this holds true, or if its just the AA/CarPlay upgrade, is unknown. The current system dates back to 2014 so its certainly possible.

You might wait to hold out for the holy grail of CX-5 "wants"

The lighted glove compartment. (flash)

But does it have a lock?

Edit: The Holy Grail of CX-5 upgrades = A lighted AND locking glove compartment.

I recall having a Jetta once which had a cooled glove compartment for your drinks!!

Edit: The Holy Grail of CX-5 upgrades = A lighted AND locking glove compartment.

I recall having a Jetta once which had a cooled glove compartment for your drinks!!
Saab was the first to offer such a thing. I didn't have one on my Saab but... LoL. Always seemed a bit decadent. I don't often carry drinks in my car.

You might wait to hold out for the holy grail of CX-5 "wants"

The lighted glove compartment. (flash)

I think some country specs have this... I seem to recall one poster finding the wiring for it behind the dash (although his trim didn't have the socket attached). Unfortunately it only seemed to be for certain countries though.

My 2017 GTI (which I just sold this past weekend) had an AC vent in the glove box. Neat feature but never actually used it.

I would hold out for 2019 so that I can get a good discount on a 2018.

Back