Any good dash mat cover for 19' CX5?

Bought the suede CoverKing but the fitment was off and it slightly covers the front of the infotainment system. Any recommendations or pics for a good dash mat?

A dash cover/mat does more than protect the dash from the sun, it help reduce UVA/UVB rays thus reducing radiant heat in the vehicle. Unscientifically I'd say the interior of my vehicles with a dash mat/cover are about 10 degrees cooler in the summer.

A dash cover/mat does more than protect the dash from the sun, it help reduce UVA/UVB rays thus reducing radiant heat in the vehicle. Unscientifically I'd say the interior of my vehicles with a dash mat/cover are about 10 degrees cooler in the summer.
So do you use these "instead of" or "in conjunction with" a sunscreen?

Since a dash mat/cover is always "installed" it is always in use, no matter if I remember the sunscreen or not. Usage is not exclusive to one or the other.. it is a matter of remembering to use both :)

That doesn't make any sense. Once the energy from those rays go into the mat they are trapped inside your car with you.

That doesn't make any sense. Once the energy from those rays go into the mat they are trapped inside your car with you.

The energy is absorbed as you mentioned. It is a one way path into the dash mat. WIthout a dashmat the energy continues to bounce around in the interior. You can think of the dashmat as a heat sink in the most simple of terms.. because the energy is captured (sinked) into the material of the dash mat instead of being reflected by the factory dash.

The energy is absorbed as you mentioned. It is a one way path into the dash mat. WIthout a dashmat the energy continues to bounce around in the interior. You can think of the dashmat as a heat sink in the most simple of terms.. because the energy is captured (sinked) into the material of the dash mat instead of being reflected by the factory dash.
That doesn't comport with physics. What you describe violates the First Law of Thermodynamics.

murky is correct. On a hot day, put your hand on that dash mat. It's warm, right? That heat is being re-radiated into the car by infrared radiation and air convection.

Of course that's also a good thing, otherwise the energy would build up to extremes in your dash mat and melt your dash plastics! o_O

@murky + @RedBaron thanks for the input and the feedback. I must have gotten the unicorn and rainbow special model because my dashmat does keep the interior cooler. But like I previously said I have not taken any scientific measurements to backup my claim. So it could all be part of the placebo effect because I want it to be true.

Back