Another brake booster question

Vwniner

got a 2011 cx-9, had all the symptoms of brake booster failure so i swapped it out. Had to remove the 2 lines from the master cylinder to the abs unit. Reinstalled everything and now 2 problems. First, no brakes even after bleeding, pedal just goes to the floor. Second, pedal is not high enough to keep brake lights off...anyone had either of these issues after changing the booster?

Where can you bleed the air up up high near the master cylinder? Bubbles rise. If there's air in high points, it'll never get bled out at the wheels.

I am thinking of getting a vacuum pump to do it with. That should get the whole system right?

I have done both the vacuum method and the pressure bleeder. I found that either worked just fine as long as the feed of fresh fluid to the master was consistent. The vacuum system that I used came with a large bottle with a tapered fixed spout that you filled with fluid and placed upside down into the master. I worked kind of like one of those things you use with a bottle to ensure your pet has fresh water. Anyway, ensuring that fresh fluid is being added while your bleeding at the wheels is important so that you don't keep introducing air into the system.

No, a vacuum pump at the calipers will not remove air bubbles that are in the top of the system. You can't pull a bubble downhill. Bleed at the master cylinder, perhaps with a bleed nipple if there is one, otherwise by loosening a fitting while the system is pressurized, then tighten while the pressure is kept on. As noted above, keep the level up in the master cylinder reservoir while bleeding, or start all over again.

I had tons of issues with this. Finally had it towed and they had it done in an hour, best $110 I spent.

Regarding the switch, I just added some HVAC metallic tape buildup to the bracket and it pressed it enough to turn them off.

Sorry for the delayed response...finally got the brakes somewhat working. You said best $110 you ever spent was that with the dealer? I am having a new issue now, the wrench popped on showing some sort of powertrain issue. Not sure how to diagnose that one...

Back