AN7's Mazda2 1.5 Turbo - Build Log -

What do you mean about the cooler?
I bieleve that the motor with the stock sleeves(they are thick) can easily hold up to 350hp+ but the I believe tranny it won't.
No I haven't notice any difference with the forged internals. I kept the same compression as the stock so it's as drivable as before the forging at low rpms or low load

I don't know the brand and I dont see anything on it . A friend of mine had it from his previous setup and thats how I got it.
The differences are visible at the photo.

Just can't catch a break...

10588707_10204542637908760_1959384981_n.jpg

The problem is that 2 tooths broke from the 3rd gear(just under the fork) on the primary :(

Because of the flash it isn't that clear what happened.

Last edited:
Sounds fun! Enjoy these times, man. They don't come often...

... except for you, I guess. They come all the time for you.

I wonder if the 'speed transmission can bolt up to the ZY/Z6 engine with little modification. It looks like you're headed in that direction at this point.

Way too complicated. Better sell the 2 and buy a speed 3 :p
I will make another custom gear in September. Now I bolted up a stock tranny that I had.

I love seeing what you do with this car. It's so over the top!

Man, your commitment to making it happen is impressive. I'd probably be in tears at this point.

I will make another custom gear in September. Now I bolted up a stock tranny that I had.

damn man that is a shame , sorry about that , my 1st tranny was left with no 4th gear teeth whatsoever 2 teeth is an improvement so u are on the right track man best of luck

I beg of you please make a kit ill buy it the next day :D please please please :D ill even send u the money now to do it for me :D

I beg of you please make a kit ill buy it the next day :D please please please :D ill even send u the money now to do it for me :D

I'm sorry but I did all that just for my fun and it cost me a LOT of time and It's not even close to my job that pays for that sh*t :p

Haven't got my custom gears back from the machine shop(some personal matters thew me back and I send the gear last month) but I am having fun with the car at low boost.

Another Mazda 2(fanisD his nick here) is turboed here with the same setup with me(1.6L Z6 motor, forged bottom, td04l, emanage ecu).
For now we both running ~0.75bar boost and we did race :p
(on the second race the white one had an issue and that's the reason that left behind)

I also enabled the flatshift option in the emanage

Nice empty flat road to do runs on. How late at night was that, ie good boost air temps?

Derrick

The two videos are at different places but both about the same time, ~1 am ;).
The road is not flat in both places but at ~1am they are traffic free which is more important.

update.

I installed an oil cooler heat exchanger from a subaru forester.
20150115_123931-1.jpg

Its the big one that subaru uses and the filter now sits just under the oil pan. so i am gonna remove the sandwich plate and I will use the stock oil pressure switch feed for the turbo and the sensors.

Also afriend gave me his boost gauge so after these years I'm gonna have one :p
20150115_123747.jpg

Incoming....

With the clutch configuration(Exedy plate stage 1 and sprung 6-puck 200mm with miata 1.6 flywheel) that I am running I had clutch slipping on fast gear changes.

The new setup is 215mm clutch disk 6 puck sprung with an unknown to me pressure plate.It's a valeo but I have no idea from what car. The configuration is totally different from the stock one.

20150130_200756.jpg

20150130_200643.jpg

20150130_2006300.jpg

20150130_200609.jpg

The one that I am running:
28821710200291519633460.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back