Almost 300k 2016 Cx5 Grand Touring

:
2021 CX-9 Sig
:
2014 CX-5 GT
The crazy thing is that he spent more on gas in those few years than for the actual car!

:
2013 CX-5 6MT
In my search for a nice used Cx5 I came across one with 294k miles. Just thought I would share. I think the price is nuts. Might be worth 7k haha

With that price I bet they are hoping some poor schmuck misreads the mileage and thinks the car has 29k on it.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
With that price I bet they are hoping some poor schmuck misreads the mileage and thinks the car has 29k on it.

LOL! Yeah definitely priced too high for that mileage even if it is a 2016 and only 3 years old. It's still 300k miles!

:
2016.5 CX5 Touring
So I called just to talk to the dealer about it. Turns out he drove around for his job and he bought 2 of them from the dealership. He said they did most of the service work. He said it has the original motor and transmission in the car and has been quite reliable. I wish he would let me see the service records like carfax would show. 200k on the original transmission is quite nice but almost 300k is great. He tried to get me to buy it based on a good "cash only" secondary car. I think they need to take it down to about 7000 bucks and liquidate this one. Only a real dummy would pay so much for it. I can get one with 50k miles for 18-19k. Why would I pay 12k for this one?

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
So I called just to talk to the dealer about it. Turns out he drove around for his job and he bought 2 of them from the dealership. He said they did most of the service work. He said it has the original motor and transmission in the car and has been quite reliable. I wish he would let me see the service records like carfax would show. 200k on the original transmission is quite nice but almost 300k is great. He tried to get me to buy it based on a good "cash only" secondary car. I think they need to take it down to about 7000 bucks and liquidate this one. Only a real dummy would pay so much for it. I can get one with 50k miles for 18-19k. Why would I pay 12k for this one?
Yeah 12k is a hard pass for me. 7k seems about right.

Last edited:
:
2016 CX-9 GT AWD
Cars in great shape for that amount of miles. How do you even drive that much lol. Must have taken some serious road trips.

:
2017 Mazda 6 Sport
I rattled off the specs to my used car manager and asked him what he thought it would be priced at. He was spot on at $12k

:
2018 CX5
Why pay 12K for a car that is likely near the end of its engine life? Are used CX5's in that much demand?

NelsonLewis

Banned
:
16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica
How much would it cost to replace the engine and transmission?

Roughly $3500 installed with about 30-40k miles on it. Hell, I*d do it for somebody for that or thereabouts.

So, I*d hafta get the car for $3500 as well.