All weather mats question

The other problem is that I have captains chairs in the second row and weather tech is the only one that has compatible mats for those but their front mats don’t seem as good as husky or maxpider.

yeah. the mazda OEM maxpider lookalike I sent the link for can be ordered individually using the drop down menu. I don't know if you give husky a call if they would agree to sell you only the first row. for the 2nd row i think the only interference issue for the husky is the cup holder in the center. if you are crafty you may be able to cut the front of the center hump cover on 2nd row mat to match the cupholder. I will try to take a photo of how the husky 2nd liner fits in my 2018 with bench seat later today.

Photo of the husky 2nd row mat at the center console as promised. (Sorry they are pretty dirty right now, didn't have the chance to clean them up or vacuum the car.) You see how flush they sit against the front center console. I think that's where the interference issue would be because the captain chair models have cupholders in that location.

IMG_5177.jpg

IMG_5178.JPG

Looking to get some all weather mat for the new SUV. So does anyone know of these would work for a 2020 CX-9 Signature with the captain's chairs?
I'd be looking to just get the first 2 rows.

Comparing the picture for the second row with the WeatherTech ones meant for the Signature they look very close.

Thanks,
Chris

Weathertech is currently working on the third row liners for the 2020s with captains chairs and no center consul (touring with PP). Hopefully they include the center strip in their development. I emailed them about a week ago about it and they're about 3-4 weeks out from production. I got on the list to be notified when they're available and I'm buying them asap.

Weathertech is currently working on the third row liners for the 2020s with captains chairs and no center consoul (touring with PP). Hopefully they include the center strip in their development. I emailed them about a week ago about it and theyre about 3-4 weeks out from production. I got on the list to be notified when they're available and I'm buying them asap.
Thanks let us know when you get them!

Thanks let us know when you get them!
Will do. I can also say that as of current, they are producing more liners for the front and middle seats. I'm waiting patiently for the order to be sent my way. I've gotten the trunk liner for the third row up only already, after a nice warm day, it's damn near a perfect fit.

I have TuxMats in my 2019 CX-9 GT and I can't recommend them enough. They have the durability and ease of cleaning that you'd find in any of the other products but they are also beautiful and complement the interior of the car.

I have TuxMats in my 2019 CX-9 GT and I can't recommend them enough. They have the durability and ease of cleaning that you'd find in any of the other products but they are also beautiful and complement the interior of the car.

Looks good. I didn’t find mats for cars with second row captains chairs. It looks like they are for bench seats.

The Weathertechs for 2020/2021 2nd row captain chairs have been out for a bit over 2 weeks now. Has anyone ordered and installed them? I'm about to pull the trigger on it, just looking to see if there are any glaring issues with it.

The Weathertechs for 2020/2021 2nd row captain chairs have been out for a bit over 2 weeks now. Has anyone ordered and installed them? I'm about to pull the trigger on it, just looking to see if there are any glaring issues with it.
Wonder if Mazda will ever release their version!

I don’t like their first row because it doesn’t go high enough on the dead pedal. For the second row i can’t tell or sure but it looks likes it is in 2 pieces and doesn’t cover the hump.(First photo where it is one piece says it is a representative picture. The other photos show it in 2 pieces.)

If it doesn’t cover the hump then in my opinion it wouldn’t be really effective at protecting that center pathway between the 2 seats.

I don’t like their first row because it doesn’t go high enough on the dead pedal. For the second row i can’t tell or sure but it looks likes it is in 2 pieces and doesn’t cover the hump.(First photo where it is one piece says it is a representative picture. The other photos show it in 2 pieces.)

If it doesn’t cover the hump then in my opinion it wouldn’t be really effective at protecting that center pathway between the 2 seats.

There's cup holders in the way if you don't have the between the seat consoul with captains chairs (2020 touring with PP)

Attachments

• 20201102_114220.jpg
    20201102_114220.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 265
I just installed the mats today and I'm not impressed with them. I even sent them an email saying how badly they cover the area right behind the cup holders. They basically extend up to where the factory carpet mat goes down the isle.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.JPEG
    IMG_1773.JPEG
    216.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1774.JPEG
    IMG_1774.JPEG
    207.7 KB · Views: 284
I just installed the mats today and I'm not impressed with them. I even sent them an email saying how badly they cover the area right behind the cup holders. They basically extend up to where the factory carpet mat goes down the isle.

I agree, theyre just not as covering as some of their other applications. They also don't go down the sides where mazda pieced together mats. Ill probably get the 3rd row either way cause, you know, kids.

Just as I thought. Really disappointed with the weather tech products lately due to their lack of coverage. These cup holders are larger than I expected, but it looks like the husky floor liner once trimmed to fit around the cupholder would provide better protection without much of a gap between the third row liner and the second row liner. (see photos in my previous post). But at that price point it is a shame to have to custom trim the liners.

How are the third row mats? I'm pretty torn. Winter is here and I really want all weather mats, but paying $300+ for crappy fitting mats sucks.

Just saw that Mazdashop is showing the Mazda OEM floor liners with Captain's chair with or without center console now.

Just saw that Mazdashop is showing the Mazda OEM floor liners with Captain's chair with or without center console now.

Are they genuine Mazda floor mats? They look different from the first row mats on Mazda Swag.

Are they genuine Mazda floor mats? They look different from the first row mats on Mazda Swag.

These may just be a Canadian option? But I had similar OEM floor liners for my CX-5 back in 2014. Legit Mazda OEM, but maybe local to the market. We also have the rubbery looking mats that you showed on Mazda Swag as another option.

I went with WeatherTech mats and received them today. They were the only ones so far that had a "6 seat" option for the CX-9. The fit is very good and captures all the small shapes and creases for the floor and around the seats. The lip could be higher in some places but for the fairly snow-free winters in the South, they'll be fine for my needs.

They are thinner than I expected but the material is rugged and looks nice. The black color looks good and matches the interior.

I was disappointed that the hump in the 2nd row wasn't covered but the mat between the seats covers the center aisle nicely. Also, the outside edges of rear door sills aren't covered but again for me that's not an issue. The kids climb through the center aisle anyway.

Overall I would say I'm 95% happy with them.

A few pics for everyone's viewing pleasure . . .

9uR-_XvwGWmH9_hwH48Jv_mCyhIYXWxgJdPohibL8mcTQyunr8pQbNRTZA8zpefmjTdIjEJy5o2RbNEeT235etRcSYq2J05_YGApxKJg6s15K1YVC7zqsIMcAK36xTmu9NcVSuVcqA=w600

vztMzXOPT8fxgpQrM246l5DHMAignWw3cN4BghFmckbpK-u-O5BEqIBpkpI03-UABQkgoiTbZmIZTmMiPanlYu2v1V0Ry8AiRuDTFged5ypmcOeqx9TX6flGtX7LqlqJWQ8cvNqthg=w600

W2jqPbCU_D_2291ZzsIU5KXd8fRikheTSdVS-BG73n1ggA8ga8TlyG0g6kKBspRyMXdUGbX7HIdjLopv2d7HOw9vQJuM6cRUQ_0dk7VdmPJxiC-qktvR6wTJbEoTSO_Kp8cB_b0X_Q=w600

zVqgDbLmv5NIfSZA19rZbcBTIB5q6_8fwxQSPM76wRXt_3XHGBLJwNjfebW_lvy5PGD2mjQK_nrggQ7mzndyt6HQ4c1FU7OHO4JpuRPM3bObN3-OTkV6zB402dq1pOgw3hIuSJL9cA=w600

daCxc690wJ92dLjdQwRpmNNXz7bzJv5mXsyJINGklR_I7BakLdMJO4MaDTMi2HRvmtykYMHZJsVShVwblZj9cXJVHeJoINDhBvw5SENDHbzzfprpG6cr51hCkOm4YSBZsUcmf6i-hg=w600

_fp2thJn7VqAFo0lRoUXRkHUzUXNMesy6ughcn4X5SbE01dDMT8t_M7ozTqd0zm36SZktEV0ZfJ8KwTSTlqifMD3zftlFaMYIbPwZMPTUnRbNkGdlCL3ZLbduU3rkBNnSRWpnKW_Ug=w600

hnvbHbJ1Imkpo8BVa5kDEmMYDb1HsEiDawPSNgHH2gd7Z7MuQ3QoUd5acS-KBxf3nr8W3__FEuAA806MFXTM4Uk8GARgTOdsKqzhDdd1S1K0-S49UjzycY5uVhCTlsgERqnf3_8JPA=w600

Back