All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 To Be Previewed At Novembers Los Angeles Auto Show?

4-All-new-CX-5-interior_NA-5.jpg
And Mazda finally added a button for "Auto Hold" function on Electric Parking Brake! :)

Look at the area highlighted in green.

Jonno21

I actually added an extra seal to each door.(car now has a tighter seal).....but did not add to those extra locations. One can easily copy Mazda's seal placement of those outer seals :) Should help with wind noise.

I have sat in the CX9 and the center console with the shifter, is way to high. Feels awkwardly high and bulky.

I actually added an extra seal to each door.(car now has a tighter seal).....but did not add to those extra locations. One can easily copy Mazda's seal placement of those outer seals :) Should help with wind noise.

How dramatic is the improvement if any?

I have sat in the CX9 and the center console with the shifter, is way to high. Feels awkwardly high and bulky.

I thought the same thing when I first test drove my '14 CX-9, but was willing to live with it. Now I've gotten used to it and anything else seems too low.

How dramatic is the improvement if any?

As far as sealing the cabin there's noticeable change when sitting inside the cabin and closing the door. Not sure if that's pressure change or what. Definitely a more airtight seal. Keep in mind I merely bolstered the existing seal along the door frame by adding an additional seal parallel to it all the way around. I also added sound deadening material to lower the freq resonance of the doors. So if you knock on the door you hear a solid thump as opposed to the previous tang. All said the weak spot now is noise from my front cabin floor and front wheel wheels. I added sound dampening material to the rear floor and wheel wells. My wife could tell there's a noticeable difference although it can still get noise to enter the cabin on the freeway. Def less wind noise though. Mazda has much easier access to dampening sections upon production assembly than I could reach. You don't need a lot of sound deadening weight so long as its placed in the right locations.

The 2017 Mazda appears to have added a secondary seal on near the doors edges. I think that would help with wind noise entering the crevice between the door and door frame. If you have a chance try to study the sealing systems of luxury cars. They are thicker and more pieces are placed in certain sections.

Back