airbag steering wheel --> non-airbag steering wheel

I am interested in swapping the standard Mazda2 airbag steering wheel for an aftermarket non-airbag steering wheel. In my NA Miata, it was a simple matter to swap the airbag wheel to a slightly smaller diameter Sparco unit by using a Dakai boss hub kit (which took care of the airbag light.) The smaller diameter wheel made the car even livelier than it was before - honestly, it was one of my favorite modifications to that vehicle.

I'm not sure that a comparable hub exists for the Mazda2. I believe that I've read somewhere that Mazda3 hubs work on the 2, but I can't say for certain. I would be willing to drive without a steering wheel airbag SO LONG AS it doesn't effect the rest of the airbags in the car (I believe that it might, without the proper resistor.)

Can anyone speak further about this matter? Thanks in advance for your help!

hqdefault.jpg

Nobody knows.

Dunno. I have a feeling most aren't interested in deleting the airbag from their daily drivers ( track car sure). That is probably why the response is none because it's not something people are doing.

You'd want to check with the B sec guys and see what hub adapters they use ( if any) I'm pretty sure they ave quick releases so finding a hub adapter should be easy.

Back