Air Horn Installation

cazish

:
2002.5 Protege5
hey everyone. i've decided to get new horns on my p5, and i pretty much have three options locally- 2-tone WOLO horns, 2-tone WOLO truck horns, and FIAMM freeaway blaster horns. I'm leaning towards the truck horns, but i was wondering if i would need anything special to install them. Also, should i just put the trumpets behind the front grille? Ir is there a better place? thanks a lot.

Make sure you aim them so that water doesn't get stuck in the horns. Also, I installed air horns on my civic behinde the grill, it worked for me. The horns should come with everything you need to install them.

cazish, don't put them behind the front grill; well, if you do, place them in a way in which water will run down and out - air horns + water = not happy air horns.

I have yet to install mine (what's new there...), but I bought these: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/dual_tone_air_horn.asp (and from that website - Ken at Susquehanna Lights is awesome. Been dealing with him for a few years now).

If you do a search (Google), there's a decent write up on a Miata air horn install. But I think some other P5 owners have installed them as well. I think someone mounted the horns on the strut tower bar facing forward - I'm probably going to do the same using some sort of a bracket as opposed to directly mounting them.

D

Also, I need to find a decent switch to operate mine with. I want something stock looking and will place it next to the foglamp switch on the lower left of the dash.

Just hook it up to your horn.....I did that on my civic and just replaced the factory horn.

my friend installed those horns on his Mazda 6. Took us like 10 minutes, replaced his stock horn and is pretty loud. I didnt like it for 2 reasons #1 it sounded like those food trucks that stop at construction sites, #2 it wasnt loud enuf, im looking for deafening noises!

GRMYSZN said:
Which horn is the one on the Ferrari 550 from Bad Boys 2, I liked that one.
Funny you ask, these ones came out of a wrecked Lamborghini Diablo our shop worked on (not the motor, but the actual horns). I went a little over board since I didnt need the water reservoir I installed mine there.

Attachments

• DSC03411.JPG
    DSC03411.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 725
Back