Off Topic Air Fryers

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Since Antoine closed our Prime Day thread (after I was admittedly a bit of a dick, I have apologized to him), I was TOTALLY bummed that we won't get to continue our Air Fryer discussion!!

I'M DYING TO KNOW HOW CHRISTOPHER'S $15 AIR FRYER TURNED OUT!

hahahaha

We haven't even opened the one we bought on Prime Day for... 10 times the price! We're moving soon and waiting for that.

Chris?!?

Dang $150? Was that the T-fal ActiFry?

Can't speak for Chris' air fryer, but I have a cousin who bought the ActiFry a couple of years ago and they use it all the time, pretty much whenever they can. They have 2 boys (6 and 4) and they eat a lot of french fries, chicken nuggets, etc. so the air fryer was kind of a no-brainer for them. No issues with it as far as I know.

Just used my Air fryer late last night on some Tyson chicken strips (fried). Crispy on the outside and piping hot meat inside. 14 mins from frozen @400 degrees.

Cooked some pre-flavored raw Salmon fillets over the weekend and got my 6-year old hooked on it. 13 mins from thawed @400 degrees.

Tried on some Turkey bacon....ehhh....I preferred just pan frying.

Any idea why the the mail icon is blue for this thread in the forum list whereas the rest are orange (now grey). It's going to have to be moved, considering Antoine just posted about this. Also I see [off topic] is a new prefix.. but in the lounge so it must have been manually typed here

Last edited:
Dang $150? Was that the T-fal ActiFry?
ON SALE. Reg price: $250.

@Chris
Yea, I saw he mentioned that tag, I thought he meant here.
I don't understand an OffTopic tag in the OffTopic Lounge?
Feel free to move this. Looks like there's actually a little traffic there!?!

Back on topic :D Did you get it yet?

Last edited:
I just finished a chicken breast in my air fryer. I used Shake & Bake to coat it and ~ 14 minutes, turning once and it was done. Crispy on the outside and moist inside. ED

If your not a member of Mazda247 and is reading this....and is shopping for a small SUV, like to spruce up your wheels, are in IT by trade, and like to cook with air fryers. Chances are a CX-5 is the right choice.

ON SALE. Reg price: $250.

@Chris
Yea, I saw he mentioned that tag, I thought he meant here.
I don't understand an OffTopic tag in the OffTopic Lounge?
Feel free to move this. Looks like there's actually a little traffic there!?!

Back on topic :D Did you get it yet?

Honestly I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him because I thought this was maybe a new thing. And no, it's coming snail mail probably 3-4 weeks out at least.

If your not a member of Mazda247 and is reading this....and is shopping for a small SUV, like to spruce up your wheels, are in IT by trade, and like to cook with air fryers. Chances are a CX-5 is the right choice.
LOL
Yes, you're in the right place!

Air Fry away, Gentlemen...In the M247 Lounge utilizing the OT prefix, please.

[Off Topic: Here's a quick explanation, the "Lounge" (formerly "Off Topic") is now a Site-Wide Lounge for any Mazda-related topics with the option to post OT if you use the prefix. In other words, we no longer have a dedicated OT forum but you can post OT in this Lounge if you use the prefix.]

I just finished a chicken breast in my air fryer. I used Shake & Bake to coat it and ~ 14 minutes, turning once and it was done. Crispy on the outside and moist inside. ED

lol shake n bake... I guess air frying is the way to go, because whenever I made the BBQ shake n bake chicken in the oven, it always came out soggy. my arraival time is aug 7- sep 18 lol.. but for$14 vs $50

Last edited:
Got a refund, ship date came and passed (sep18) turns out a bunch of other people also didn't get theirs judging by negative feedback

Finally got ours out and fired it up a few weeks ago. Chopped some potatoes and cooked em up. Not impressed, I have to admit. Now I certainly may have screwed it up and will try again but yeah... So far not great.

Well after the fake out on the last one, I went to walmart and almost bought a fryer. They ranged from cheap to expensive but all seemed pretty small. I ended up finding this big ass one on Ebay.. up to 16qts for $70 shipped. Nothing at walmart could compare. The $70 range fryers were like 5 qts lol. Also it came with a bunch of inserts and recipe book. I also like that I can see what's going on. Haven't used it yet, just unboxed it.

Attachments

• 15820828436161629524418051294210.jpg
    15820828436161629524418051294210.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 195
First run. 18 mins for fish supposedly when it takes 5 mins with oil, but less cleanup I suppose. I should have out the fish on the bottom though now I have flour in the fries 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 15822428511568983122131862219712.jpg
    15822428511568983122131862219712.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 192
Back