Aftermarket Remote Start

So, I am going to go with the Drone Mobile system from Compustar. I've heard and read good things about it, so we will see how it goes :) $465 installed. Not too bad.

Great choice, i did the same,
also ask your dealer to program the aux 1 and 2 channels.
You can do things like open windows, moonroof, etc

What ever you buy make sure its a product that does not shut off when the door or hatch is opened. I had the dealership use a local installer to just add the service to the existing fobs which was all I wanted. I had no idea it would shutoff when a door or rear hatch was opened rendering it mostly useless. They say its so the car wont be stolen. Big Brother looking over our shoulder again. Let us make our own decisions please.

Mine works that way. I have no issue with it.
Why is it useless to you now?

Installed Fortin EVO One in to my CX5 had few issues but got them sorted out except one I get an error when using cruise control it says “Mazda cruise control can not be activated when speed is lower then 20mph) but at the time I get this error I’m traveling above 50mph and the cruise control can be set and works good it just this error on display that doesn’t go away, if someone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

Installed Fortin EVO One in to my CX5 had few issues but got them sorted out except one I get an error when using cruise control it says “Mazda cruise control can not be activated when speed is lower then 20mph) but at the time I get this error I’m traveling above 50mph and the cruise control can be set and works good it just this error on display that doesn’t go away, if someone knows how to fix it, please let me know.
No fix for that error, it's the one known issue we live with in the Fortin world. The info button will cycle it off screen, but the condition still exists if you remote started for the session. I've yet to study what happens when using radar cruise and you follow someone down under 20mph. I suspect it just cancels out with a loud warning.

What ever you buy make sure its a product that does not shut off when the door or hatch is opened. I had the dealership use a local installer to just add the service to the existing fobs which was all I wanted. I had no idea it would shutoff when a door or rear hatch was opened rendering it mostly useless. They say its so the car wont be stolen. Big Brother looking over our shoulder again. Let us make our own decisions please.
This is a ridiculous explanation. What prevents it from being stolen is that control transfers to the key fob (which a thief doesn't have) when you step on the brake to put it in gear, otherwise it then shuts off - that's what prevents it from being stolen. My remote (FTX Firstech brand, I think it's made by Compustar but I'm not sure) does not shut the car off when I open the doors.

Last edited:
No fix for that error, it's the one known issue we live with in the Fortin world. The info button will cycle it off screen, but the condition still exists if you remote started for the session. I've yet to study what happens when using radar cruise and you follow someone down under 20mph. I suspect it just cancels out with a loud warning.
Actually the new bypass firmware (85.11) fixes this error.

@hal2 the EVO One allows you to keep the car running, even when opening the door. All you do is get in and press start button, then off you go.

@hal2 the EVO One allows you to keep the car running, even when opening the door. All you do is get in and press start button, then off you

@hal2 the EVO One allows you to keep the car running, even when opening the door. All you do is get in and press start button, then off you go.
So how difficult is the Firmware upgrade? Been almost a year since I installed the evo-one with t-harness and Fortin4 flasher. Will I be starting from scratch and relearning keys or is it easier than that?

Much easier! Just connect the evo-one to the flash link updater and install the new bypass firmware. Hardest part is taking the unit out of the car and reinstalling it. Took me 5 min total to get it done.

I think he means that it is that it's an annoyance to get in your car and have to re-start it. I agree
An annoyance = useless? Pushing the button to start that car again...Makes it now a useless feature? Come on now...

Much easier! Just connect the evo-one to the flash link updater and install the new bypass firmware. Hardest part is taking the unit out of the car and reinstalling it. Took me 5 min total to get it done.
You're probably right, I'm sure it was my methods... I ended up repeating the whole reinstall process. After the update, it would do everything except fire the starter. So started from scratch programming and ran decryptor and all. Although Fortin has no changelogs or obvious firmware versions listed, you were absolutely right about 85.11 fixing the old known issues. Came from 85.05 just within the last year. Glad you pointed out the update, was worth my hassle.

Back