Aftermarket audio options

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
I've got a Mazdaspeed6 and I'm considering upgrading to a CX-5. I run the stock Bose head unit but have replaced the amps and speakers with high end aftermarket equipment. I use a digital processor to fine tune the audio. How difficult would it be to connect all this equipment to the CX-5 sound system without changing the head unit? Does the Bose system use an external amp that I can tap into instead of using high-level speaker outputs?

I believe that is how my aftermarket amp and sub are hooked up. The amp of course has it's own tuning settings, and I have a separate module that controls subwoofer bass level. it is independent of the stock speaker controls, however the stock still controls the stock speakers(and a lesser influence on the sub). Interesting is that centerpoint makes the subwoofer put out about 25% more bass.

Oh dear, much more complex than my Mazdaspeed6. So if I pull the Bose amp I'll lose the noise cancellation. Hmm, this will be a tough decision. I suppose I should listen to the system before deciding to mess with it. My processor can handle 8 channels including center channel processing. Typically I run front high, front low, rear full, and sub with one channel left for center. It has auto tuning and time alignment but not any sort of noise cancellation.

Does the noise cancelation actually work? Does it actually make the cabin quieter?

I don't think it's really noise cancellation. It seems to be a combo of speed-sensitive volume as well as a sound leveler (boost volume during quiet parts). However I get quite a bit of static/hiss or background noise during the quieter parts. Overall, I'm not super impressed with AudioPilot...

Back