After 15 months of ownership my only complaint

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Is this why they didn't light up the Homelink buttons? At least light the ones that are active. Instead they put a dummy light in the middle of the mirror. Pulling into the driveway at night and trying to find the right button without pressing the other garage door button is a pain.

Sometimes you got to wonder.

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
Agree with OP. Cost cutting, I imagine.

I just hit the button(s) in relative position to the green LED...
Never miss it yet.

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Agree with OP. Cost cutting, I imagine.

I just hit the button(s) in relative position to the green LED...
Never miss it yet.
Hear you - I have about an 85% hit ratio. What I might do is delete the other door and program all the buttons to the same door.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Hear you - I have about an 85% hit ratio. What I might do is delete the other door and program all the buttons to the same door.

I feel you! I mean I press the wrong button causing 2 second delay in opening my garage within my gated community in the suburbs. Damn you Mazda!!!

#1stworldProblems

rockethead26

2019 CX-5 Reserve
:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
My garage door is programmed into the far left button. I don't even look. I reach up to the botom frame of the mirror and run my finger left to right along the smooth frame until I feel a button. I get it 100% of the time. If I had a second door programmed, I'm sure I could feel where the second button is. I don't want more lights in the cabin.

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
My biggest complaint is the blindspot from the A pillar, followed by no pause/play button on steering wheel or near commander knob.

Davidiot

Ballistic Reentry Vehicle
:
2020 CX-5 GT PP
My biggest complaint is the blindspot from the A pillar, followed by no pause/play button on steering wheel or near commander knob.
Just figured out yesterday picking up junk in a drive thru that when I hit the “mute” button listening to Satellite radio, it actually pauses.

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
Just figured out yesterday picking up junk in a drive thru that when I hit the “mute” button listening to Satellite radio, it actually pauses.
Unless its a recent update, it doesn't do that for the Audible app on Android Auto. That would be nice though.

:
Occupied Calif.
:
2019 CX 5 GT-R
I don't need to look for the Homelink button, I just reach up to the spot and hit the button from muscle memory. When backing out of my garage, I reach up and press the button while simultaneously scanning both outside mirrors, the rearview mirror and camera display, It's just a matter of habit, I don't even think about it other than to glance back at the house to make sure the garage door is down before driving away.