AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

I can try and find a picture but there's not much to see, it's almost the same as the 020 unit just instead of the two pink wires it has yellow

Yeah that's what I figure. I want to know if its REQUIRED by the unit to be connected to vacuum in order to work. No point in doing so if I want to tune by voltage and RPM. That way I can use the fuel map from the Lancer as a guide, since it had a very nice base tune

Btw tried to contact Split Second but I can't leave a message due to a server problem on their end

Hey, guys. Dropping some N/A info for the few who prefer a headache for little hp ( lol ). So, installed the afc today and started messing with a couple base tunes I've collected from different cars, looking at fuel tables and what not. Turns out the stock supermap works as well for n/a with a little AFR gain. My AFR went from 10.2 to 10.9... small gain but at least I learned that I can read/tune by voltage instead of vacuum, since the basemap works/adjusts by a rising psi reading, and N/A Proteges don't make any boost(duh). By just changing the options to voltage instead of pressure it will change the table accordingly to display MAF voltage. The only " problem" that I'm having is that the reading is bacically staying in 2.0 volts in the realtime data graf, but changing in the voltage table.

Will try with the couple supermaps you guys posted, since they work. So far the two maps I used (base super, and the alteration my used piggyback map it had) have given me an AFR change and a good pick up at midrange( buttdyno says ). I will keep posting so the n/a guys with some mods can take advantage of low ssafc prices

EDIT

...Well, disregard the no vacuum route, the reason the voltage wouldnt go up is because, the ONLY way the piggy selects a value on the table IS thru vacuum. Seems it was built so it could be the only way. Found out by blowing into the hose in the piggy... it was the only way the selected value moved. Doing that later on to see how it moves thru the table in a no boost situation

Update

Connected the vacuum and the selected cell now moves freely... that will remind me to do things like the are supposed to... Since the supermap's tune starts at 0 psi to 10, you just need to copy the data from 0 hg and up , to the hg negative of your choice. I, for example, chose from -12 hg on. Since it was a moment where the ECU stock tune showed promise with the bolt ons I have. Changed some values and datalogged to see if there was change this time, and it happened

Last edited:
Quick question, Is there any reason why my AFR hits and holds 10.0 AFR under WOT and heavy load acceleration?
No matter how I tune always get that

anyone else having a hard time datalogging the wideband?
like, they look higher on the afc than they do on the actual gauge?

hi, im new to the split second afc so please bear with me here.. i bought a mazdaspeed protege almost a year ago and it came with the split second unit installed. it has been running funny (choppy idle, lacking power, and afr jumping around) lately since it is getting colder here. i am interested in looking at the winter maps uploaded on the first page to compare what my ecu is set at but i cannot open them because i dont have the right program.. what do i need to view them? any help is appreciated.

It reads tens when the car is in vacuum, that part of the Map is not used if you have the AFC set to only run when the car is in boost. Move over to the boost side of the map to see the numbers change.

this^^^scroll to the right. The top of the map shows your vac/boost level. As you scroll to the right, your boost numbers increase. From 0 and up, you should start seeing changes in the map

i give up on this SSAFC thing

gauging interest:
SSAFC V2, MSP ECU and Laptop to tune it with software.
450$ or best offer.

I just got a unichip in to replace the AFC I've only had for a few months. It works fine, and it smoothed the power band out, but I want control of the timing too. So I bought a tuners license for the Unichip and will be removing the AFC soon and selling it.

Has anybody had any troubles with using the R4 software with Windows 8? At first I couldn't connect with my cable, but turns out that the cable drivers aren't Windows 8 compatible. Then I got a new cable, and then when I tried to connect, it tells me an error, something about being out of date. Is there an updated version of the R4 software that will work, or some kind of fix that will allow me to connect to the SSAFC?

I had a windows 7 mini laptop, but that decided to stop working. When I upgraded, the only options were windows 8.

Back