AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

Do I need Microsoft word to open the maps? I tried this morning but I only have the trial version. Anyone have a product key? lol. Any help would help as I just installed the unit last night and running 14-15s AFRs with the protege garage map. I plan on loading the superstock map and go from there...

Hey Sport23 I'm having the same issue with the superstock map. Overpressure is set to 1.1. And the whole LTFT @ WOT have no idea what that is lol... I see u wrote long term fuel trim, but WOT? So not sure what setting you're talking about

I've got a quick question. I have a PSC1-001 in my garage and wondered if it is possible to use it on my MSP. From looking at the PSC1-020 wiring schematic I see it looks at different feeds but before I drop 4 bills on the 020 I thought I would ask you guys if there is a work around. Thanks

In theory you could us the -001 for open loop tuning. If you picked up a MAP based 02 clamp (such as Flying Miata's clamp); you could set the 02 clamp for a certain pressure (0.5psi would be good) then used the psc1 to tune open loop from 0.5psi up. This is what split second psc1-020 does.

Damn I wish you said that while I still had mine

Where can i download the R4 software at? i tried split seconds website but they wanna charge $50, I've searched all over but none of the links work. thanks!

I want to do ssafc but not feeling comfortable with the SuperMapStock because of relocated MAF and FMIC, open 2.5 exhaust and no cat. Or is it ok???

Can anyone tell me definitively if I need to put the MAF back in stock location to be safe? (I really don't want to!) Also NOT running OEM BPV.

Can anyone recommend a map based on the mods I've got? The relocated MAF seems to be controversial.

???

- Stock boost.
- FMIC.
- Relocated MAF and TurboXS BOV.
- BPV has been removed.
- Intake.
- No cat.
- CorkSport exhaust w/ silencer (I have not checked but think it is a 60mm).

I want to do ssafc but not feeling comfortable with the SuperMapStock because of relocated MAF and FMIC, open 2.5 exhaust and no cat. Or is it ok???

Can anyone tell me definitively if I need to put the MAF back in stock location to be safe? (I really don't want to!) Also NOT running OEM BPV.

Can anyone recommend a map based on the mods I've got? The relocated MAF seems to be controversial.

???

- Stock boost.
- FMIC.
- Relocated MAF and TurboXS BOV.
- BPV has been removed.
- Intake.
- No cat.
- CorkSport exhaust w/ silencer (I have not checked but think it is a 60mm).
Leave the MAF as it is. If you reinstall it on the intake side, without being recirculated, there's a high probability that you'll have a hesitation and/or stall scenario between shifts and coming to a stop. There have been people who have not had this problem, but others have including myself. There is no reason for you to re-relocate it (lol) that I can see. It's already been relocated, leave it.

The Superstock map is a "starting point" if you will. It will make a world of difference simply installing the SSAFC with the Superstock map loaded. If you feel comfortable with doing some changes to the map and have a wideband to monitor AFRs, you can make changes to fit your setup specifically. If you change something that you don't like, you can always revert back to the Superstock map. There isn't an "off the shelf" map you can choose that will work with your setup. Even if you had an identical car with identical mods, there are other factors at play, so while one tune may work for 500 different cars in the sense that it will run, it'll never be perfect and requires your time or money to have fine TUNED to your specific car.

Last edited:
Thank you for quick reply!

I am so ignorant about tuning. I assume I need a AF gauge to tweak AFR? I have Innovate gauges on 2 of my miatas but just to monitor AF. I've never tuned anything. How does this work? Do I tune from laptop while driving (copilot)? I'm not greedy about pwr, just want good drivablity and good AFR#s.

Do I need to put a bung in the exhaust for a 4 wire O2 sensor for the gauge?

THANKS!!!

Last edited:
If you alter the fuel mixture, you need a wideband. You don't have to, but it would be unwise. Dependent on which version of the SSAFC you purchased, you may or may not have a datalogging feature. If you do get the version with datalogging, this will make tuning easier. I had a V1 for about 1 and a half, and it was fine because I was able to manually make adjustments, road test the car, watch the AFRs and correct as necessary. But that got time consuming and I got more mods, so I sold my V1 and bought a V2 (which still doesn't have the datalogging portion setup and it's been over a year) so that I could datalog my road tests and make adjustments based on the recorded data instead of looking at the wideband, then the road, then the wideband, then the road, then the wideband- see how long that could take? You will have to have another O2 bung welded in assuming there isn't one already. IF you get V2, you'll connect one of your input wires to your wideband for datalogging. The SSAFC can't "tune on the fly" because you have to be KOEO (key on, engine off) to write the map to the SSAFC.

Last edited:
Great explanation Preferio. I'm starting to understand.
This convinces me that I should get the AF gauge at the very minimum.
V1 or V2 is next decision for me. The datalogger makes a lot of sense. My budget isn't going to like this. :)
btw, Innovate says they have a way to send a 2-wire signal to the ecu - so you replace the OEM 2-wire narrowband and plug in the 4-wire and it sends a "2-wire" signal to the ecu (?) - so you don't have to weld in a new bung??? I hope I understand that correctly.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

That would be for narrowband readings, not wideband readings I believe. Which would effectively make your expensive wideband a narrowband gauge. Can you send me a link with that information, so I don't mislead you?

"MTX-L
Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
User Manual...

5.6 Connecting the MTX-L to simulate a narrow band oxygen sensor

It is possible to install the wide-band sensor in place of the OEM oxygen sensor. In this
case the meter's analog output signal will replace the OEM oxygen sensor's signal to
the fuel injection computer. Note: Please review your analog output settings; the
configuration for a narrowband is 1.1 V for an AFR of 14 and .1 V for an AFR of 15.

EFI equipped cars typically incorporate a narrow band oxygen sensor. These sensors
are typically 1, 2 or 3 wire sensors.

To connect the MTX-L to the EFI-computer, first determine what kind of narrow band
sensor is used, then follow the instructions below (you will need a digital multimeter to
determine correct OEM sensor wires):

a. Vehicle has a 1-wire sensor:
Wire analog output 1 directly to the wire.

b. Vehicle has a 2-wire sensor:
While the engine is off determine which of the 2 wires has a low resistance between the
wire and the sensor body. This is the heater power for the sensor. Wire analog output 1
directly to the other wire. Leave the heater power wire unconnected but make sure it
cannot ground itself."

Maybe it's just better to weld in a new bung - less margin for error.

Last edited:
i just installed a ssaf and how do i know if it is properly turned on? i'm sure i did all the wires correct, my check engine light is now gone too. I bought the USB to DB9 serial cable from best buy. Load the software up load map, select right com port and try to write and it says "connecting" then pops out, cant connect to ecu or cant read ecu one of those. please help im trying to tune my msp today.

This is whats currently on the car right now " turbolife fmic, 2.5 catless greddy sp2 catback exhaust, cold air intake and 626 intake manifold" maf relocated to cold pipe boosting stock.

Last edited:
I'm wow a noob lol. after retesting it out i found out i was using the wrong com port the whole time. finally upload the supermapstock onto my ecu and ran like a champ. No more hesitation and stall runs really good, might of added some more hp to my car.

Last edited:
Im confused, i have the ssafc installed yet my msp still sputters upon boosting... i never actually hooked my ssafc to my laptop and began tuning because i thought the map that comes on it is already in play after you install the ems? Also do i ABSOLUTELY need a wide-band gauge... my budget is very tight and all im looking to do is have a good running msp... lol

My msp has me baffled... seems like every map i run doesn't affect anything! not even my A/F ratios, here and there i get a pretty violent hiccup while boosting not to mention bogging. A/F ratios running rich not leaving the 10-11 on wot...

the tunes on here need to be adj im running 16.5 psi and I do all my own tunning the ass ends and in hg are rich 10 is even no change under ten is leaner over ten is richer try adj the numbers in psi down to 9.8 and go from there set over pressure to 1.5 and the hiccup is fuel cut cause thay r all rich maps

the tunes on here need to be adj im running 16.5 psi and I do all my own tunning the ass ends and in hg are rich 10 is even no change under ten is leaner over ten is richer try adj the numbers in psi down to 9.8 and go from there set over pressure to 1.5 and the hiccup is fuel cut cause thay r all rich maps

Huh?

Latest posts

Back