Advice

I'm thinking the strut is the weakest link but as long as the frame looks good, everything should be cheaply and easily replaced.

Ohh and the wheel could be bent.

If the wheel is touching strut it's probably the strut.

I was also hit in my Tracker and it only needed a strut but in both accidents, I was hit higher on the wheel so it bent my strut.

That looks like it was hit really low so all the force went straight into the control arm.

Ask him how fast the car was going and how far his car got pushed sideways.

Any chance you could take some pictures of your control arm and strut and behind your wheel in general so I can compare? If not no big deal

It's dark and raining right now but yeah, I'll try tomorrow.
(try to remember that is, ... I'm stoned and wasted again. Lol )

He replaced both cats, valve seals, a coil, and a tune up. I'm thinking I want to pay max $350-$400 If everything checks out. I sold it to him for $500. But if he was gonna scrap it that's only like $200 so that's what I'm gonna aim for.

At worst, you could part it out and get your money back and some.

You can advertise on this forum.

That way, you didn't just sell her downstream, you bought her back, chopped her into pieces and sold her body parts back downstream again. Lol

Last edited:
He said the valve seals were the biggest problem and then it ran good and then CEL came back on and it still smokes some and burns oil "somewhat quickly". He thinks CEL now is the intake control valve.

check out where the upper strut mount under the hood and see if the body is tweaked there

I'm sure that's why he had to replace the cats after it burning oil for the 5 years I owned it. I'll try a BG product that a couple of people I know swear by to fix or significantly slow oil burning.

This is from my parts car...

He had written, "Check The Oil" right beside the gas cap...

Note how my oil ring didn't expand.

This is my parts car.
It's on blocks though so the wheels are off the ground.

Does anyone wants to buy a slightly used set of Tokico Blues? Lol

Thank you for the pictures. I got tons of pictures this morning. Control arm is buckled, I can't tell that the strut is messed up, or that the unibody is bent any, as a result of the accident that is. The strut tower looked fine. He let his gf's brother drive it and he slid into a median. The unibody looks pretty bad but I don't think any of the damage is a result of the accident. It has a rust hole in one spot so my concern is the unibody passing inspection.

Last edited:
Back