Advice

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So last year I posted on here about a stalling issue on my 2003 Mazda Protege5 with 179xxx miles. Long story short I sold it to fund my project Jeep, and I've regretted it ever since. But you never forget your first, so today I texted the new owner and asked him to contact me if he ever wanted to sell it and he informed me that it was in an accident but the only damage was the driver's front wheel is bent in and he planned on scrapping it soon. Now I know its hard to say without examing it or let alone seeing it but here are my two questions.
1. What are the chances that the damage is repairable and not unibody damage?
2. How high in mileage are these 2.0's known to go?
Thanks in advance for any help.

She's only got a broken leg.

Just bring her back home and fix her.

These cars can go over 250,000 miles on the original clutch if taken care of.

Nurse her back to health.
You owe her that much.

That's what I wanted to hear. He's gonna send me pictures which I'll post here and I'm gonna try to look at it in person next week.

Even if she's a write-off, you owe her a proper burial.

You can part her out to pay for the funeral.
(you shouldn't have sold her off downstream)

I'll bet she forgives you and runs happily ever after...

I'll have a look at the damage I can't afford to go crazy to fix it, time or money wise. Forgive me but what do you mean by downstream?

I think she called out to you when she was hit and that's why you made the call.

But then again I'm pretty wasted right now and the pot is legal in Canada too, sooo.. I

Jeeps were crap in my day.

They would always break and get stuck.

My Tracker took a s*** kickin and just kept going.

She finally died and I gave her a proper burial at the recycling yard.

Then I bought my P5....

What would really help is if some people could give me some good pictures of the front driver's suspension, unibody, subframe, floors, etc

Yeah I know, I'm hoping it's just the control arm or something, but I'd like some photos to compare

Here are the pictures he sent today. What do you think? To me, with only seeing this picture, it looks pretty good. He said he hasn't been under the car but "there has to be frame damage"
B49C0951-AF11-444E-B834-A23F65CFE35D.jpeg
F4B2AE89-EB0A-413E-89BA-8843D2BB4805.jpeg

I'm guessing it doesn't have frame damage.

I was hit by a motorcycle in my GLC.

He was going about 10 miles an hour but bent my wheel in.

It just needed a new strut.

I'm thinking maybe just a strut, possibly.

If it took a harder hit, control arm, and steering rack.

I was thinking axle and control arm (less than $100 for both)

I'm going to look at it tomorrow and I’ll take a really good look at everything.

Back