2017~2024 Additive Recommended By Mazda?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
When I retrieved my Signature from Mazda the other day following the 10,000 kilometer maintenance the service manager handed me a product called " Deposit Cleaner" labeled "Mazda" and told me to pour it in the tank at the next fill up. Anyone else been supplied this product and advised to do this?

That’s not a whole lot of miles to be getting deposits of any degree that would need cleaning. I can’t imagine by service department “giving” me anything that wasn’t on the bill.

Direct injection engines are known to build up deposits on the intake valves. A cleaning every 10k, if that stuff works, would prevent removing the intake manifold at 30k to blast off the grid. I'd do it. Can you post a pic?

With direct injection, any of the deposit cleaner would be sprayed into combustion chamber and not touch most of the intake valve surface buildup. At only 6000 miles on the engine, even if it’s all around town driving; there shouldn’t be much in the way of buildup. I’m not going to step into the “Italian tune up” debate. The owner’s manual says to only use Mazda approved additives to the fuel; so I’d think there’s no harm to be done by using it.

Remember, with the Skyactive-G, the intake valves are held open during the compression stroke for about 1/3 of the stroke pushing intake air back into the manifold. Depending on the timing of the injector pulse, some of that stuff might get on the intake valves to clean them. Or not. That's why I said, if it works.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the bottle before pitching it but as I say it was a product labeled Mazda.

I found a picture of it.
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 3.54.35 PM.png

Back