Adding/Editing Maps

Does anyone know how to submit an update for the maps. I have just updated mine (in my car), but the most current version is missing info and has some incorrect info. In this particular case, when I type in my company name as the destination it is giving me a 3 yr old address and also doesn't list the 4 current locations that we have. I need to fix it because several of my clients drive Mazdas and this explain (to me) why I have had several complaints about their navigation taking them to an old location. I am not even sure who the right person is to contact for this...I have sent a request to NNG (software company)...but not sure what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

I'd start with Mazda Customer Service and let them guide me from there:

800/222-5500
Online email

I feel your pain, but I fear you're about to tilt at windmills.

I don't know who makes Mazda maps. I see that Tom Tom sells Mazda map updates, and they have a way to report updates. Maybe ask them for guidance.

Last edited:
latest models cx5 maps are based on NNG as far as I know.
Tom tom type used to be for pre-2017 cx5 infotainment maps.

Is that right?

Tom Tom was the only one I found who sold Mazda maps, so I figured they were making the OEM ones.

Dpugh: Here's a link to NNG's "Contact Us" page if you want to reach out to them.

When the Mazda Connect system came in for 2016 (command knob and all), Tom Tom was out and NNG was in. But the database for the Nav is by HERE maps (that info is buried in the system agreements and disclaimers).

Soon after I bought my '16 I found the Nav kept trying to send me over a bridge that hadn't been there for 20 years. Very annoying. I contacted HERE through their website and submitted a change. It took a bit but it made it into an update.

I think this is where I started from: HERE WeGo support.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

When the Mazda Connect system came in for 2016 (command knob and all), Tom Tom was out and NNG was in. But the database for the Nav is by HERE maps (that info is buried in the system agreements and disclaimers).

Soon after I bought my '16 I found the Nav kept trying to send me over a bridge that hadn't been there for 20 years. Very annoying. I contacted HERE through their website and submitted a change. It took a bit but it made it into an update.

I think this is where I started from: HERE WeGo support.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks! That's awesome...and exactly the info I am looking for. I will try it now...and wait to see if it works :) I know these things can take weeks if not months.

You are very welcome. Actually, looking around a bit more I found a different page that might serve your needs better. It is: HERE Map Creator
Yes, That is where I have gone https://mapcreator.here.com/ And I have managed to delete the old business location and add all of the new ones. So it will be interesting to see if it is instant or if it takes a while. I will update my SD card next week and see if it shows the new locations :) Hopefully. Thanks again.

I wish Mazda would have used Garmin to set up their NAV system and maps. The Mazda NAV is not trust worthy.
I've used it a handful of times, but it's the first NAV system I've had (I always got directions from Mapquest & wrote them down).

I've not been steered wrong by it yet, but most places I've gone have been in long-established rural areas. And I'm still in the habit of looking at Mapquest (or its equivalent) to get a sense of where I'm going and how long the drive is so I know when to leave. I just don't write down the directions anymore...I rely on the Mazda NAV.

Is it really that bad if you're in a more dynamic region?
Have you been taken to the wrong destinations?

What I do nowadays is check address from google maps and then enter it in the Nav because of the HUD directions.
Works perfect in Phoenix area and Arizona in general. Dont know how its in other states.

Back in the days it was all either Garmin or mapquest and printouts on papers and long time ago I used to have paper maps :)
It was fun adventure but traffic was better so it was easier.

P.s.
I dont have android auto.

I'm the same way, cx5gt

I often copied/pasted the directions into a Word document, deleted the first few lines of the local stuff I knew, then increased the font to be as large as would fit on the least number of sheets of paper (so it would be easy to read).

I moved to this area 10 years ago and the first thing I did was to buy paper county maps of the surrounding area and shove them in my glove box. I used them a lot before I learned my way around, especially when I would already be at Point A and would want to get to Point B. That's how I got to know the area.

Today, I still look at the route online before driving it. I want to learn the lay of the land and have a frame of reference, not just be a lemming following a NAV system. What I REALLY like the NAV for is to get me home after I wander aimlessly around the back roads.

And I don't have Android Auto, either. I may install it at some point, just so I can play with it.

Last edited:
What I do nowadays is check address from google maps and then enter it in the Nav because of the HUD directions.
Works perfect in Phoenix area and Arizona in general. Dont know how its in other states.

Back in the days it was all either Garmin or mapquest and printouts on papers and long time ago I used to have paper maps :)
It was fun adventure but traffic was better so it was easier.

P.s.
I dont have android auto.
Before the Android Auto option for my 18 GT PP, I had my phone mounted to the windshield for navigation. My biggest beef with the Mazda Nav is inputting the destination is painful. It is something that requires planning and work, you can't just get in your car and go. You don't seem to mind that so its working for you.

I do wish I could have the turn by turn on the HUD, but it isn't worth it for ease of use and interface, as well as real-time traffic routing adjustments which I rely upon living on the outskirts of a congested metro.

I do wish I could have the turn by turn on the HUD, but it isn't worth it for ease of use and interface, as well as real-time traffic routing adjustments which I rely upon living on the outskirts of a congested metro.
This is about the millionth time I've commented that the ownership experience (and value of certain features) is so dependent on where you live.

I moved from decades in horribly congested Fairfax County VA (just outside of DC) to a rural county in the middle of the state where "rush hour" traffic is lighter than Christmas Day ever was up north (which is a sad commentary on the lack of jobs here). I drive 16 miles to my bank, and there are only 2 Stop signs along the way: one as you exit my side street, and the other when you reach the destination. Everything in between is uninterrupted cruising with darn few cars.

I can see where features that are beneficial in one environment would be of no (or of diminished) value in the other.

I've used it a handful of times, but it's the first NAV system I've had (I always got directions from Mapquest & wrote them down).

I've not been steered wrong by it yet, but most places I've gone have been in long-established rural areas. And I'm still in the habit of looking at Mapquest (or its equivalent) to get a sense of where I'm going and how long the drive is so I know when to leave. I just don't write down the directions anymore...I rely on the Mazda NAV.

Is it really that bad if you're in a more dynamic region?
Have you been taken to the wrong destinations?
I live in a well mapped area. These are examples of what I experience: Going to a store I know of I go on the highway and take the exit to a street that the store is on. But the NAV wanted me to take the very first exit and go a back way with narrow roads and many turns. Another example is I entered Home Deopot in the area I was in, and it took me to a wooded area that had no stores. Another example is going to my dentist. The NAV wants me to turn off the highway way too soon, it would add 10 minutes to the trip. On another occasion it took me on back roads where a lot of black walnuts were falling off onto the road. I stopped, got my old gps and that took me to the fast road with no trees along it. For the most part I think it will get me to my destination but it doesn't rout properly. My garmin must be 10 years old and it works better at calculating the fastest rout.

I live in a well mapped area. These are examples of what I experience: Going to a store I know of I go on the highway and take the exit to a street that the store is on. But the NAV wanted me to take the very first exit and go a back way with narrow roads and many turns. Another example is I entered Home Deopot in the area I was in, and it took me to a wooded area that had no stores. Another example is going to my dentist. The NAV wants me to turn off the highway way too soon, it would add 10 minutes to the trip. On another occasion it took me on back roads where a lot of black walnuts were falling off onto the road. I stopped, got my old gps and that took me to the fast road with no trees along it. For the most part I think it will get me to my destination but it doesn't rout properly. My garmin must be 10 years old and it works better at calculating the fastest rout.
I hate to make a suggestion to someone who has more experience with these things than I do...

I had a similar thing happen to me once. I was going to a meeting about 30 miles away and knew I should take the interstate east to a major highway south. The NAV had me get off the interstate too soon and "cut the corner" through a business district. When I arrived, I realized I had the NAV set to "Shortest Distance" versus "Fastest Route."

the link below from Mazda shows who makes Mazda maps....
Thanks for that.

Do I read this correctly that the info is only for these model years:

Map years.png

or does this table refer to something else?

I have a 2019 CX-5 & am curious as to who the NAV developer is.

Latest posts

Back