Adaptive Camera?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
It seems when I pull into my garage that the camera, front and 360, turn on automatically? Also, after being in reverse from a parking lot, then moving forward, the camera stays on for a while with the forward facing camera and 360. Is this some type of sorcery?

tumblr_mkgilqaF6k1s9kakno1_500.gif

My sister's Accord with 360 cam would do that (keep the camera display on for a few seconds after putting the car in drive). With the cam activating as you pull up to your garage, maybe the car is detecting that you're attempting to park your car as the camera detects an obstruction in front that isn't a vehicle? Lol I dunno, just guessing.

Mine knows when I pull into my driveway. I was also curious how it knows. I was thinking it might be because I have "home" set in the navigation, but it seems to do it specifically when I actually turn onto my driveway (which is not a large driveway at all) so I'm guessing it has something to do with image recognition.

I only notice the camera come on when I have the "parking sensor" switch activated (LED on in the switch) and the car begins sensing an obstruction. If the switch is off, no camera comes on. ('19 signature)

Check Personalization Features section of owner's manual regarding 360-degree-view monitor; you can adjust:

Setting can be changed so that the top view/front view displayed while the vehicle is moving in the forward direction after reversing is not displayed.

nothing intelligent to add... super jealous of the 360 cam. We didn't even have the rear parking sensors available in 2017, only reverse cam. It was one of the only things that almost made us buy a Nissan Rogue instead.

Back