According to my dealer, he sold me a 2020 CX-5 last month. Help?

Hi,

First post.

My dealer told me he sold me a 2020 Mazda CX-5. My registration papers say 2020 and my VIN is nowhere to be found.

Is he pulling my leg? Or did I seriously buy a 2020 model? I'm in the Caribbean btw.
How do I know? I saw pictures in a previous thread of the 2020's and my car looks EXACTLY like that except for the AWD under the CX-5.

I'd really appreciate some help!

Thanks.

I believe a member here, Pitter, had the same issue. He is from Columbia and perhaps the model years are different from outside the USA / Canada?

Do you have a copy of the window sticker? If so, what does it say?

Caribbean = near the Bermuda Triangle = UFOs = Time travel. Yes you have a 2020 model :)

VIN : JM7KF2W7AL0321316

Based on your VIN number, it is a 2020. Look at the 10th character. K is 2019. The next letter after K is L. Yours is L which is a 2020. Enjoy your 2020 CX5.

Hi yes mine is registered in Colombia as a 2020 too and the tenth letter of the VIN is "L".

Above somewhere there is reference to Mazda being in the US since 1950. I don't find any evidence of that. Instead it appears that the first were two 110Ss brought to the US in 1967 by theCurtiss-Wright aviation company. Full fledged sales began in 1970 when the company established it's self in Seattle.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/newsroom/mazda-history/

Hi,

First post.

My dealer told me he sold me a 2020 Mazda CX-5. My registration papers say 2020 and my VIN is nowhere to be found.

Is he pulling my leg? Or did I seriously buy a 2020 model? I'm in the Caribbean btw.
How do I know? I saw pictures in a previous thread of the 2020's and my car looks EXACTLY like that except for the AWD under the CX-5.

I'd really appreciate some help!

Thanks.

Your VIN cinches it. From 20 feet away you can also look at the rear emblem of the CX-5, and it will be labeled in Mazda's all new font.

If you got a turbo version, it would be interesting to see the new screen. That's the biggest change to the 2020 model.

Back