96 MX-3 GS with 100k miles - how to set a price?

num6

:
96 MX-3 GS
Hi, I'm the proud original owner of a 96 MX-3 GS in Ottawa, Canada with only 161,000 kilometers (around 100,000 miles). Unfortunately it is time to sell my car and I'm trying to figure out how to set a fair value. It has the original engine and has been lovingly maintained with no chassis rust and only some superficial body rust (mainly due to annual Krown anti-rust spraying).

It passes all the Ontario emissions tests every 2 years with no problems and I have a great mechanic who has kept a close eye on my baby. In fact, one of his colleagues at the shop would like to buy my MX-3. My problem is that I am having trouble figuring out a fair price as it is very rare to have a 96 GS in this condition.

Any advice on how to figure out a fair market value?

Thanks in advance.

Without pics and imagining it being perfect...3k US.
There's a dealer selling one in Hawaii for 3995, but it's got under 100K miles and they're a dealer.

KBB asks for the trim, Being a GS would automatically put it into the v6 category, and bumps the price as such. Considering a Spotless garaged 25k mile B6 MX3 sold a few months back for $3600. Id say thats probably a good starting point for your own car. Obviously you are a GS, but with 4X the mileage.

Fun Fact:
Smallest, least displacement V6 (1.8L) ever for a road car sold in America. One more Mazda innovation that got squashed.

Back