91 vs 93 octane and GT-R/Sg trim CX-5

You don't live in my area. At 70c/gal more, it's not worth it for the few times we get the tach above 4k RPM. Back before the gas crisis of the late 2000's, it was 20c more for 93. I'm not sure what changed.
That's exactly the cost difference here in the middle of Virginia. As I've stated before, the slight increase in mileage I've seen with 93 (about 1.5 MPG) narrows the gap to about $6.50 per tank.

When gas switched to the "winter" blend here in Austin (~ October 1?) my performance (both feel and MPG) using regular dropped off. So I've been using premium from Costco, currently $2.29 which is $0.40 more than regular. Many gas stations have a higher delta between regular and premium. I plan on switching back when the Summer blend is available.

I have watched the videos again, and at EXACTLY 11 seconds from when the rpm moves off-idle, the 91 and 93 octane runs show the speedometer pointing EXACTLY at 79mph, while the 87 octane run shows the needle pointing EXACTLY at 77mph. While this is not full 1/4 mile terminal speed, usually 10mph=1mph trap speed difference. I find it very very believable that both the 91 and 93 octane fuels impart 20-25whp more to the equation over the 87 octane fuel.

There we have it, as far as I am concerned, short of a dyno or a drag strip. The 91 and 93 octane are "the same" to this vehicle, and they do add the advertised 23 horsepower.

I have watched the videos again, and at EXACTLY 11 seconds from when the rpm moves off-idle, the 91 and 93 octane runs show the speedometer pointing EXACTLY at 79mph, while the 87 octane run shows the needle pointing EXACTLY at 77mph. While this is not full 1/4 mile terminal speed, usually 10mph=1mph trap speed difference. I find it very very believable that both the 91 and 93 octane fuels impart 20-25whp more to the equation over the 87 octane fuel.

There we have it, as far as I am concerned, short of a dyno or a drag strip. The 91 and 93 octane are "the same" to this vehicle, and they do add the advertised 23 horsepower.

Thanks for your efforts Uno. (y)

Добрый день . а какой бензин для Skyactiv 2.5 действительно подходит при езде до 4000 об/мин в городе, и не вредит двигателю???

Good afternoon . and what kind of gasoline for Skyactiv 2.5 is really suitable when driving up to 4000 rpm in the city, and does not harm the engine???

I'm not familiar with the Russian specifications/requirements, but the recommended fuel should be listed in your Owner's Manual for the car. Higher octane will be safer, but may also be unnecessary.

Я не знаком с российскими спецификациями/требованиями, но рекомендуемое топливо должно быть указано в руководстве пользователя автомобиля. Более высокое октановое число будет безопаснее, но может оказаться и ненужным.
а в америке что скажешь???

Back