70.00.335 Firmware

I was at .335 and went to .367A thinking the touchscreen while driving would be enabled again but it didn't work at least in Apple Carplay. Has anyone else's touchscreen get re-enabled? I believe they did this for safety but even my GMC infotainment which is newer I am able to touch the screen to make changes.

yea mazda intentionally disabled touchscreen while driving for safety reasons. Not all brands did it though, some are enabled.

Has anyone installed the .367A from the dealer? Differences noted between this and the 352?

I installed it last week myself. Seems to boot a little faster. I was coming from 335 so it was not that big of a jump.

I tried to update mine from Mazda toolkit and it said I was all updated. Did I do something wrong or miss anything?

The toolkit is for the navigation sd card, not the infotainment system firmware.

The toolkit sucks. It locks up, fails to do anything but doesn't tell you, etc. My biggest advice is to use a very recently made SD card reader. I had to buy a new one from Amazon to get it to work. I had an older one that did not work, and my wife's new Windows laptop does not have one. It can take multiple tries to get it to connect and download the update from the server. Luckily it is multiple files so it starts up where it left off.

The firmware update has a lot of steps, but really is pretty straightforward.

I installed it last week myself. Seems to boot a little faster. I was coming from 335 so it was not that big of a jump.

The toolkit is for the navigation sd card, not the infotainment system firmware.

The toolkit sucks. It locks up, fails to do anything but doesn't tell you, etc. My biggest advice is to use a very recently made SD card reader. I had to buy a new one from Amazon to get it to work. I had an older one that did not work, and my wife's new Windows laptop does not have one. It can take multiple tries to get it to connect and download the update from the server. Luckily it is multiple files so it starts up where it left off.

The firmware update has a lot of steps, but really is pretty straightforward.
Thank you. I have a new laptop and it has an additional card reader. Am I loading this onto the same sd card as the navigation? I’m a little confused now.

Thank you. I have a new laptop and it has an additional card reader. Am I loading this onto the same sd card as the navigation? I’m a little confused now.

OK. So there are two systems to update. One is the infotainment system itself. It is updated via a USB drive. Current version is 70.00.367A. You follow the instructions that are in the PDF that comes in the download zip. Once you copy the update file from your PC to the USB drive, everything else happens in your car via a USB slot in the console.

The Navigation system lives on the SDCard in your center console. It is updated via the Mazda toolkit. on your PC. So for this update, the update actually occurs to the card while its in your PC's card reader, outside of the car. The toolkit software runs on your PC.

Hope that helps. I was confused at first, too.

Anyone having issues with the 367A firmware? It seems like the infotainment does boot up quicker. However, I’ve noticed that I lose sound sometimes. One time, the screen didn’t prompt for the ‘I agree’ message and stayed dark. I had to restart the vehicle to get it back up. When I’m listening to podcasts on Sticher or an audiobook on Libby, and then, turn off the vehicle upon arriving at my destination, the reconnect upon restart makes it seem like it’s restarted correctly but then the audio doesn’t start up. I would have to disconnect and reconnect again and restart the app to get it going and sometimes it has to be done a couple of times. Just interested to see what others’ experience is, with 367A. Thanks.

Hard to say if my problems are due to new bugs in Android Auto on my phone or the .367A firmware.

I mostly use cable connection and on 2 occasions I lost the link without any reason. Also had blank screen once.

Anyone having issues with the 367A firmware? It seems like the infotainment does boot up quicker. However, I’ve noticed that I lose sound sometimes. One time, the screen didn’t prompt for the ‘I agree’ message and stayed dark. I had to restart the vehicle to get it back up. When I’m listening to podcasts on Sticher or an audiobook on Libby, and then, turn off the vehicle upon arriving at my destination, the reconnect upon restart makes it seem like it’s restarted correctly but then the audio doesn’t start up. I would have to disconnect and reconnect again and restart the app to get it going and sometimes it has to be done a couple of times. Just interested to see what others’ experience is, with 367A. Thanks.

I haven't had those issues. Previously had a frozen/torn screen with a reboot when we were on a road trip before I updated. Also, I don't use those apps, and use CarPlay.

I just brought my CX-9 from USA to Europe, is it possible to just grab the latest Mazda Connect EU software and replace the currently installed NA firmware or will that not work?
My primary goal with switching to EU software is to unlock the European FM frequencies, EU uses both odds and evens (<xxx>.1,.2,.3,.4...) whereas the NA only uses the odds (i.e. <xxx>.1, .3, .5,.7...), other than that I don't really know what differences there might be.
Thanks!

I don’t think the CX-9 is available in Europe so I am not sure if the european version will be fully compatible with the cx-9 systems.

My current version is 29.000.000, does anyone have this version? Should I upgrade it to 31.00.100A first? I tried to follow the instruction, but the screen always showed operation fails. Does anyone have the same issue like mine?
WeChat Image_20210108125056.jpg

I have had similar issues. Not what I would consider frequent, guessing maybe 1 in 30 times I use the car. mostly not at startup for me. I use the mazda navigation quite a bit, seems related to the xfer of sound from that to the phone. Although not always. The fix I have found is going to some other source for sound, usually good old fashioned am/fm, confirm good sound and volume, then returning to the offending app, usually Mazda navigation or an iPhone app(podcast or pandora usually).

For reference, I have an iPhone 11.

I also don’t rule out Apple CarPlay. Using Bluetooth or other non native audio sources, nothing to do with the car, are not bug free either.

I've had the same firmware on my CX-9 since 2016 and in the beginning, the screen had the whole occasional blackout and need reboot but it somehow solved itself and actually hasn't done it in years. I still have the HUD tach which is kind of fun.

What have they done to the firmware so far that actually makes the infotainment experience any better? I know the whole Android Auto thing is a selling point but I have it on my van and it is just garbage compared to just using the phone screen directly on a decent mount (Proclip).

The only upside I have thought of is an updated map for the NAV.

If it ain’t broken don’t fix it :). The software update won’t update the map. Updating the map is a different process where you take the sd card out and use the downloadable mazda connect software. You might have to pay for the maps if your free updates expired.

All, I have updates my firmware one with the help from this thread, looking to do this latest 367 version, but where do I find it? All the HIDRIVE links that everyone is providing takes me to the site with an error saying the site cant be found? What am I missing?

Can someone explain this to me like I'm stupid... I've tried many times to get tweaks working but am failing.

I have a 2020 model running factory firmware 70.00.335 4A N (I'm in Australia).
This unit has factory AA and CarPlay.

I have created a serial cable but can't log in with any of the credentials I can find ('user' or 'cmu' while on this firmware it seems.

I have tried this:

But am I reading that correctly that 'update.up' would be the firmware file?
And am I correct is saying that that file is not available anywhere to download? Or where would one find that?

Can someone explain this to me like I'm stupid... I've tried many times to get tweaks working but am failing.

I have a 2020 model running factory firmware 70.00.335 4A N (I'm in Australia).
This unit has factory AA and CarPlay.

I have created a serial cable but can't log in with any of the credentials I can find ('user' or 'cmu' while on this firmware it seems.

I have tried this:

But am I reading that correctly that 'update.up' would be the firmware file?
And am I correct is saying that that file is not available anywhere to download? Or where would one find that?
@The_Hawk

Did you follow the instructions to the wording?
You can not access system root by just simply input username/password for fw70.00.100+
Did you reinstall fw70.00.335 ADR which is the update.up file approx 1gb-1.8gb (whilst making the serial connection) and at the end of the installation you were given a prompt "#" to applied id7v2 command via your usb stick files before rebooting the cmu? If not, that's where you failed.

For more assistance or improve your car infotainment you can pm or email me.

Regards,
Radarwild

Last edited:
Back