4 Best Things About the 2021 Mazda CX-5 Signature

I have the 2019 Signature. Aside from ongoing issue with the wipers, the rest of the car is perfect. I love the body contour, the front, the Soul Crystal Red paint job, the infotainment setup(nobody else does it as good as Mazda) and everything else inside like the memory seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, the concave climate control buttons, the grippy side pockets in the doors, the automatic lower seat lowering latches and so much more.

Oh and I love the extra power when merging onto the freeway.

I just need to fix those damn wipers!

I'm very happy with my 19' GTR, however, that new infotainment system is quite appealing. I will hold off a couple of years though, and see what new features Mazda comes out with.

I have the 2019 Signature. Aside from ongoing issue with the wipers, the rest of the car is perfect. I love the body contour, the front, the Soul Crystal Red paint job, the infotainment setup(nobody else does it as good as Mazda) and everything else inside like the memory seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, the concave climate control buttons, the grippy side pockets in the doors, the automatic lower seat lowering latches and so much more.

Oh and I love the extra power when merging onto the freeway.

I just need to fix those damn wipers!
what's the problem with the wipers?

what's the problem with the wipers?

I'm not exactly sure what @mutualcore is referring to regarding the wipers.. but there are a few threads about various complaints.

basically it falls into two categories

1) OEM wipers blades suck and the performance is subpar compared to pretty much anything with modern wipers
2) The rain sensing portion of such equipped vehicles performs sub par compared to other manufactures

I did forget about this third option, possible wiper recall coming because the Mazda 3 had one?

I have the 2021 Signature. I have a few thoughts after putting in 2,500 miles:

The lows:

-Wiper autosense doesn’t feel like it’s actually useful, stock blades are subpar
-Buzzing sound, presumably from lack of fuel pump/insulation (?) is mildly annoying
-My driver’s seat already has a slight crease in the leather. Seems early for the type of wear it is, but nothing too concerning.
-Does that spare tire subwoofer actually do anything? Is it a decoy?

Maybe a few things I miss from similarly trimmed vehicles:

-Adjustable headrest (forward/back)
-Dimming side mirrors
-The center volume knob on my wife’s 3 is also a side-to-side track skip

But that’s it for gripes, and honestly NONE of that actually bothers me all that much. Have not experienced the under 20°F power loss I’ve read about. It doesn’t get that cold too often here in Maryland. Not too worried.

Anyways, I’ll end on the good:

-My 11th car and already my favorite
-Excellent power
-An absolute joy to drive
-Has a well-built feel, quality materials
-Insurance did not go up vs. ‘17 Legacy with NA 2.5L (and that dreadful CVT)

Last edited:
I've had my car less then a week but at this stage I'm thrilled with it, it's the Signature and it has everything I can think of and more. The negatives are limited front cabin storage, uncomfortable seats, lack of wireless CarPlay and touchscreen, and lastly a poorly written owner's manual. I'm not complacent and am working on ways to overcome these few negatives.

Back