383 RX8 swap w/video

solidtrance

:
HIS: 2005 RX-8 WWP GT 6MT* HERS: 2006 Speed6 BCM 6MT**
This is pretty much awesome. This thing sounds like beast.....So ken about the motor in that Grand Marquis????
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz9INp98fA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz9INp98fA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A lot of custom work. Many thousands of dollars and tons of spare time....Oh and an RX8 and a 383 stroker motor.

The wing and CF look hood and trunk should go. If it was me I would try to make it a stock looking as possible. People at a stoplight would be looking around for the old school muscle.

to me a car like that....black, lowered on subtle rims.
The wing and CF look hood and trunk should go. If it was me I would try to make it a stock looking as possible. People at a stoplight would be looking around for the old school muscle.

Yeah, when he took the video I don't think he had gotten to doing anything with the suspension and I think I remember reading that he was not even running any sway bars.

Sounds nice and lumpy; nice cam.

Any idea on the install? I'd suspect it's probably easier (in terms of space) to fit a small block in an RX vs. the MX, but I'd imagine the weight distribution is just purely ****** as well.

I'm also ordinarily against swapping motors from completely different lines into some cars (with this being a slight exception). I remember going to a car show last summer and some guy had a very clean GNX with a 454 Rat; I almost had to vomit at the atrocity.

Sounds nice and lumpy; nice cam.

Any idea on the install? I'd suspect it's probably easier (in terms of space) to fit a small block in an RX vs. the MX, but I'd imagine the weight distribution is just purely ****** as well.

I'm also ordinarily against swapping motors from completely different lines into some cars (with this being a slight exception). I remember going to a car show last summer and some guy had a very clean GNX with a 454 Rat; I almost had to vomit at the atrocity.

not sure on RX-8's but in the 7 world it has been proven that a full LS engine swap with power steering and accessories still weighs about the same and has 50/50 weight distribution so that argument is mute. now in a miata yeah front heavy for sure but not horribly so.

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of sticking piston engines in RX cars. Especially V8s. I guess I did see an FD with an RB26DET swap that was pretty damn nice. One of my favorite motors in one of my favorite bodies.

Back