30mm Spacers on 2017 Cx-9 GT AWD

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray, 2008 Audi A3
Installed 30mm spacers on my 2017 CX-9 GT last week.

x44

:
CX-9 GS-L 2019
hi! a dummy here. what is the spacer for? to make it "wider"? how much is it? & lastly, are we not going to loose our "warranty"? thanks!

:
Spacers used to push wheels out (changing wheel offset), in my case now my wheels are flush with fenders , giving more sportier/ wider look.
I’ve been running spacers/ wheel adapters/ aftermarket wheels on my other cars and never had warranty work declined.

Last edited:

x44

:
CX-9 GS-L 2019
Thank you for the info. Btw, what brand is it? any links? Again, Thank You! & Happy New Year!

Last edited:
:
2010 Mazda 5
You may not ever have a problem. But the rim offset is to center the wheels on the bearings in the hub. When you change this, there will be constant pressure on the bearings that can cause premature wear.

:
CX-9 Azami Auspec
Hi there, just wondering if you could post a couple of pics at fender height straight down the line showing if there is any poke from the tire? Considering trying this.... Thanks, Foxy

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
vitpk1, did you have to do an alignment or camber/toe correction after the spacers were installed?

Edit: I saw your answer below, thanks!

Last edited:
:
vitpk1, did you have to do an alignment or camber/toe correction after the spacers were installed?

No alignment or any other corrections... I do tire rotation every 5000 mi ( twice so far, I’m @ 10800mi) and tires show even wear

:
Hi there, just wondering if you could post a couple of pics at fender height straight down the line showing if there is any poke from the tire? Considering trying this.... Thanks, Foxy

Front flush with fender:

Rear 5mm in (no poke):

And this is how I measured to determine spacer thickness:
Rear:

Front:

Hope this helps

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Hm. So the front wheel hubs sit 5mm out more than the rears?