30,000 Mile Maintenance Quote

Pretty much every one of those things is supposed to be done for free as part of the Full Circle Service inspection that most Mazda dealers do whenever a vehicle visits the service dept. Maybe this dealer isn't part of that program? You should ask them. It might be worth finding a dealer in your area that participates in the program.

How many miles have you put on it since you bought it? Was it a Certified Pre-Owned CX5?

Thanks, I've put about 4k miles on it since purchase. It wasn't certified pre-owned since I bought it at a non-Mazda dealer but it still had 5 or 6 months on the original manufacturer's warranty when I purchased. I will ask about the Full Circle Service inspection, thanks.

Dealers are desperate to get you into service department.
Just had our '14 Mazda3 oil changed (synthetic) and tires rotated for $69.99 + free full-circle inspection. (outrageous price in SF Bay Area, normally discounted at $99.99 with MSRP @$129.99).
They found dirty air filter and cabin filter.
I told them: "I will do it myself. Thank you."
They even auto-washed the car. Appreciated. :)

To OP: never do the XY-k mile services.
A money making strategy of dealers to lighten your wallet.

Thanks Ceric. I am in the Bay Area too, good to see you've found a dealer that seems to be more reasonable that what I've been quoted.

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
How is it harder to get to? It's literally right there, one single plug that has to be removed.

You do have to move the air box out of the way to check the level, but that is the same level of difficulty as changing an engine oil filter. Hence why I say it's the same level of difficulty.
Just noticed the reply. You need the airbox out of the way, with the engine running, and at a particular temperature that isn't an equilibrium temperature.

You need to fill at a recessed location with airbox out of the way.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Thanks, I've put about 4k miles on it since purchase. It wasn't certified pre-owned since I bought it at a non-Mazda dealer but it still had 5 or 6 months on the original manufacturer's warranty when I purchased. I will ask about the Full Circle Service inspection, thanks.
Keep in mind that Mazda states "every time you bring in your Mazda for service, we'll give it a Mazda Full Circle Service inspection at no charge", it's not a "hey, I'd like to drop off my car for that free inspection thing"

Also, as previously mentioned, they are doing it for their benefit, not yours. Almost guaranteed you'll end up with a "okay, as long as I'm already here you can go ahead and lubricate my muffler bearings and adjust my end link potentiometer"

:
2016 Mazda, CX-5 GT
Keep in mind that Mazda states "every time you bring in your Mazda for service, we'll give it a Mazda Full Circle Service inspection at no charge", it's not a "hey, I'd like to drop off my car for that free inspection thing"

Also, as previously mentioned, they are doing it for their benefit, not yours. Almost guaranteed you'll end up with a "okay, as long as I'm already here you can go ahead and lubricate my muffler bearings and adjust my end link potentiometer"
Don't forget the free blinker fluid!

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
For now, Mazda's Service Schedule doesn't specify an ATF fluid change interval, so changing the fluid shouldn't have any effect on the Powertrain warranty. Thus, changing the fluid is strictly personal preference, at least as far as Mazda's warranty coverage goes. Beyond that, change it when you want to change it.
+1 (y)

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
Just noticed the reply. You need the airbox out of the way, with the engine running, and at a particular temperature that isn't an equilibrium temperature.

You need to fill at a recessed location with airbox out of the way.
And on the gen 2 NA, there is a metal bracket that blocks the air box from being pulled out easy. The bracket has some flex to it but not enough to get the airbox out. The bracket has to be taken apart.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
They basically quotes you $400 for an oil change and tire rotation.

Yeah, no.

At 30k, I would definitely do a drain and fill on the ATF. It's the identical level of difficulty as an engine oil change, so there's no excuse not to.
Technically you are right in terms of the actual draining and filling, but the measuring of ATF level can be tricky. Mine was low from factory as were many others who reported the same on here. The first drain/fill is definitely not as easy as just replacing same volume drained.

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
Technically you are right in terms of the actual draining and filling, but the measuring of ATF level can be tricky. Mine was low from factory as were many others who reported the same on here. The first drain/fill is definitely not as easy as just replacing same volume drained.
Yeah, I consider getting the level correct as part of "fill", and an iterative process that involves measuring the level and adjusting as necessary. Hence my original response regarding its relative difficulty compared to a engine oil change.